Completely new AGP owner...with many questions...

Hi - First off, apologies. I'm sure that most of these questions have been asked somewhere on this forum, but I've read through a few now and I cannot find the answers or at least the exact answers.

So what I've got...

Bestway power steel 14' round pool 48" deep.
The standard filter that comes with the package.
Bestway 2.8kw heater due for delivery tomorrow.

It's up and ready now, finished filling with water yesterday...:)

On order...again, should be with me today/tomorrow

Clearwater Mini Multifunction Chlorine Tablets, 50 x 20g
Clearwater Pool Chemicals Kit - White, 500g
6.5" Chemical Floater For Bestway & Intex Swimming Pools Chlorine Dispenser

Onto my many questions.. :)

1. Do I need to 'shock' the water? How would I do that?
2. Will the tablets I've ordered be enough insofar as chemicals are concerned or do I need to order anything else?
3. When the heater arrives I assume that the water goes into the filter first, then on into the heater, then back into the pool? Does the filter need to be switched on at the same time as the heat or will the heater draw the water through the filter if the filter is not running?
4. The pool is looking remarkably level considering I did the leveling work, but I'm still a little nervous about the strength of these pools. When the kids are playing in them they are of course going to be pushing off with their feet against the sides; I assume that they are plenty strong to handle this?
5. If I were to run the heater 2 days solid to get the temperature up How often (approx) would I need to run to maintain (assume average daytime temp 22 and night 11)?
6. Would running a filter through the night be enough to clean up a days worth of pool playing?

Sorry - so many questions :/...Really appreciate any help and/or advice.

Cheers all
B

Hello "B" and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you have several questions, I'll just get right them okay?
1 - No. New water simply needs to be balanced right away to prevent algae. Please see the Recommended Levels Chart in my sig below.
2 - No. Tabs are okay for short-term use, but usually they do not provide enough free chlorine (FF) fast enough and/or they add too much stabilizer (CYA) which can be a problem later. Here at TFP, we generally recommend the use or regular liquid bleach for daily sanitation, added about once per day.
3 - The filter will be before the heater. The filter is not electrically powered, so water always goes through it to collect debris before going to the heater.
4 - Those pools are quite strong. Hundreds of thousands are sold, taking the abuse of kids worldwide who push, pull & jump. It should be fine, just follow your manufacture's recommendations to be safe.
5 - Oooh, sorry, I can't answer that one. Maybe another member will help.
6 - Whenever the pump is on, the water is going through the filter. But it is proper water chemistry that will keep your water clear and algae-free, NOT the filter. Please remember that. Proper testing is always #1. Here at TFP, we recommend the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Not sure if you can order either one via EBay or direct, but those are what we recommend to test everything properly.

Hope some of this helps. Welcome to TFP!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Assuming a water depth of 3.5', that's 4000 US gallons. In case you can't get a test kit, you can follow TFPC methods (which will assure you a safe and sparkly pool), by following the methods in this link Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

You can set PoolMath for Imperial or metric measures.

We'd be happy to walk you through whichever TFPC method you choose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.