Replacing Astrolight SP0583(S)L 120v 500w with Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 120v SP0525(S)

May 19, 2012
Hello TFP,

I wanted to get some advice on replacing my Hayward Astrolight 120v pool light with a Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED 120v light, and my spa light SP-591SL to Colorlogic SP0535 (S).

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS PCB system which I had upgraded to the iAqualink last year.

The lights have separate conduits and junction boxes but have been run on the same relay at the power center, which I was going to do again.

I have everything that I need to replace the lights, including a CMP Spa Niche Service Ring and the 3M Scotch Wet Niche Potting Compound to encapsulate the ground wire in the niche.

Before I proceed, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do anything to burn out the lights or even worse, harm the Jandy PCB...;)

My Questions are:

1) Do I need to add a Hayward transformer to the junction box? These are not the Universal Colorlogic, they are the Colorlogic 4.0.

2) They are standard white, black, green ground as is the wiring to the junction boxes, if I do not need a transformer, just wanted to make sure it is ok to
switch to 120v LED from a 120V 500w Astrolite.

The stainless niche is a SP600U which accommodate the Colorlogic 4.0.

I am not changing to low voltage, bought the 120v LED to replace the 120v Astrobrite.

Thanks for the help!

Helen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.