if I don't get this thing under control I won't be a pool owner long

Jul 2, 2016
Springfield, MO
Been doing some reading on your forum and I appreciate the knowledge. Purchased a home last fall with a 16,500 gallon salt water in ground. Had it opened by a pool company in early May, nothing but trouble since. My pump sets about 8 feet higher than my pool and we had a hard time getting it to prime. It lost prime several times and finally the pump quit. I just replaced it with a Pentair 1.5 HP variable speed pump and am trying again to get the pool in swimming shape. They shocked it at the initial opening and I lost everything when we lost prime and it was off for a week. Got it going again, reshocked and then the pump went out.
Anyways, I got the new pump going yesterday and am going to try again to get this frog pond sorted out. I am going to try the TFPC method. I ordered a test kit today and will be reporting back with my findings. Thanks.

Hi jbs,
welcome to TFP! You've done the right thing by ordering the test kit. It's the best investment in your pool that you can make.

If you havent already, I recommend you click the Pool School buttom at top of page, and start with the ABC's and go from there. Lots of useful articles and "how to's" concerning pool ownership. If you just learn the basics, you'll be able to keep your pool spotless.

enjoy,

Welcome to TFP

Sorry for your pump troubles. I hope you ordered either a Taylor k2006 or a TF-100.

Sounds like you don't have specific questions as yet, but you will find no shortage of help here.