I don't understand the pool calculator

Jun 28, 2016
wisconsin
Hello everyone, we recently bought our daughter an above ground pool. It is a 15 ft. x 3 ft. easy set pool, and it holds 2,800 gal. I'm not sure if it is still called the "BBB" method, but that is what my husband and I want to try. This pool is just practice for us until we get our in-ground pool next summer. Would you guys be able to help me figure out how much bleach/borax/baking soda I need? Thanks, have a nice day!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Since your pool is under 3K, we would first advise you to review the Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools page. It has very basic info required for a pool that size. Once you get comfortable with that process, you can continue practicing with the Poolmath calculator and also refer to the Recommended Levels/Chemicals charts (links below) for a more comprehensive view of how it all flows together. It may seem like a lot at first, but you'll soon get it.

Let us know if you have any questions. It's great to have you with us.

- - - Updated - - -

On the calculator, just go row-by-row (FC, pH, etc) and enter your NOW value and TARGET (Recommended Level). Then the calculator will automatically update and tell you how much of something you need to add. When on the FC row, make sure to manually update the bleach percentage (WEIGHT) that you are using (i.e. 6%, 8.25%, 10%, etc).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.