Pool + Spa in MA

We decided to go with the stamped finish, instead of the rock salt - mainly to stay with our PB (the devil you know, versus the devil you don't...), but also because the concrete person who does salt didn't get back to us in time.

The patio crew is here today putting in the forms and the rebar. I believe the electrician is coming tomorrow to do the bonding, and then inspection is Monday. So I am assuming the earliest they can pour would be Tuesday. However, despite ordering the stamp two weeks ago, nobody can tell us when it will arrive, and they can't pour until the stamp is here.

I am sure it will look beautiful! Please post some pictures when yours is finished. So exciting!

The patio was poured last week while I was away at a conference. Eek! It was hard to not be able to be there to go over color and size of cuts, but I like the way it turned out. They also finished the tile in the spa, replaced a few damaged tiles in the pool, and put down step and bench markers. Per my request, the stone masons came back and fixed the wavy section on the spa. Also, they started the equipment install. It's amazing how much they can get done when they work all week! Is it a coincidence that it all happened while I was 2500 miles away?!

Here are some updated photos of patio, pool, and spa:

defc0688c2eec1b9ffe0ebe041b589b4.jpg

733744bacd45f4503118785e74b8f670.jpg

cefa1e3cbe79a7636a5d5287c17a867f.jpg

7abddf32f575896f11798210b268548a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now is the time to ask about what test kit the PB will be giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

I also have a link for plaster start up. Make sure to run it by your PB as he holds the warranty card! Please note the no swimming for 30 days depends on what kind of start up they do. Follow your PB's directions on this.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

I also have a set of links I set up for new pool owners. It is a lot of info. but it will all make sense once you start using it:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Are you loving the pretty tiles we helped you pick out? How do they look in the sun!

:kim:

I will ask about the test kit. I have a feeling we will be ordering the TF-100 :) Kadison is here doing our PebbleSheen and I confirmed that it is Ocean Blue. They arrived around 7:30 AM (ish) and said they expect to finish around 1PM.

Tomorrow they will acid wash, fill, and finish the electrical. I am praying that the fence guys can finish today, because otherwise it won't be until Thursday and it scares me to have a pool full of water and no / partial fence.

I absolutely LOVE the tiles - thank you so much for the help! I can't wait to see what they look like with the pebble and the water. I am glad we had enough left over to do bench and stair markers too, since I couldn't afford to add any extra bling to the plaster.

They finished the pebble about 40 minutes early, so no impact on fence crew. Pool electricians showed up, which was a nice surprise since I had been told it would be tomorrow. So fun to see it all coming together!

I will try and remain calm. Still reeling from the water guy calling me directly tonight to tell me how much it would cost tomorrow. $1300+ seems obscene. Especially when PB originally told me it would be around $850.

Fence isn't quite finished, but they made great progress and treated my project like it was their own. I am thankful for that.

Acid wash, electrical finish, and water tomorrow.

b8bbf3081bd01a30e2800bbce3b9b362.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That tile looks awesome with the pool color. Great choice and nice build!!

Thank you! We are in LOVE with the tile. In case anyone wants to know, it is Vibrance Glass Nero 2x2 CTGLV 63 from Classic Pool Tile & Stone. We used white mastic and gray grout.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great, hopefully you are now in the pool! We are just starting our process just north of Boston. Interesting to see someone in the same area and understanding their experience.

Thanks! I am very happy with the end product, but the experience getting here seemed much more frustrating than it needed to be. Live and learn :) Hope you project is going well!

We had a big storm roll through, so things are a bit messy, but here's the almost finished product. Yard was regraded and seeded Friday.

Next summer we plan to get two square high top tables, and two more lounge chairs. Our umbrella just arrived, but we are keeping it in the basement for now.

We also plan to fence in the equipment and add some tall grasses and day lilies, oh and a raised bed vegetable garden, and.... $$$$

But for now, we are loving our new outdoor space!

81686f70b837dc453ec868535cc6e455.jpg

ccec3fcf80f9a9c15946f6233024b4ca.jpg

10bf3f333f21dbc10f74284f2781140a.jpg

2815d374d9411977a41817f19dab1b56.jpg

bd2547acebeb5d49a231179c8341370f.jpg

0830dc5132918a1828424a69a7dee23b.jpg

ec7d10ee0600fc82b144931bd3a8d9cf.jpg

14364e3f4f0ad6c66a5c63f4d02a6e63.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.