San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
So I am coming off a SLAM for about a week now. My CYA is at 40, so my FC needs to be 5. I guess you can say I am a little gun shy about letting it drift down to 5, because before my last SLAM I thought I was maintaining FC right and next thing I know my pool is green. I measure and add LC at night. My daily loss is around 3. So at night, should I be get the FC to be 8, so by the next day, it goes no lower than 5? Just making sure I am approaching this right. I have been maintaining the FC between 7-11, for reasons noted above.

thanks!

That sounds like the approach I take. From the time I add in the evening, I want my chlorine level at my target level by the same time the next evening. My target is 7 so I aim for 10 each evening. Sometimes the next evening, my FC will be 8 and sometimes it will be 6. Depends on how many people have been in the pool that day. My goal is to never allow it to get to absolute minimum for my CYA.

With a CYA of 40ppm, your minimum FC is 3ppm ... so there is no need to try to keep it above 5ppm at all times (although doing so will not hurt anything other than a little higher ppm loss to the sun).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.