Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I store mine upside down so it is not flattening the rubbers on the bottom for the suction

Maybe that's my problem, it's it's in my pool pretty regular just sitting when it is not moving so it's always right side up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, dang. I just cleaned out Gilligan after a week plus with temps in the teens and 20s and I forgot to check for damage on the bottom. Mine stays in the pool during non-swim season and stays out of the pool during swim season. But, still gets stored right side up. I need to have a look and see about those rubber flappers.

Polar bear club people are seriously crazy! I don't know what my water temp is, must be in the 30s, but there is absolutely no way I would ever jump in that! It was like instant frostbite just emptying the skimmer baskets! :shock:

Ok, finally remembered to turn Gilligan over to check the mudflaps. They are all present and still well attached. A couple of them look a bit scraped up.

Pooldv, I heard that on the frostbite just emptying the skimmers. My bro in law mentioned a scuba divers glove, I'm planning to look into that.

My husband uses a silicone Rachel Ray brand mitt-type pot holder. It's fairly long and works well. I've used it several times as well.

Looking at Walle-E's underside, there are several of the little black flaps that are getting pretty chewed up and will probably come off by summer...

First, thanks for the great reviews, this is a great post/thread and it has sold me on purchasing a robot for my cleaning. I'm a bit confused because of the current price tags on their website. Most replies here say they got the Discovery model for $650 but the site says $799.

The "New, Improved Doheny's Saturn Powered by Dolphin" (Item # 4147) for $650 has 1 year warranty.

The other (Item # 4217) says "Doheny's Discover Powered by Dolphin" but has a small orange banner that says "New" and it run $800 with a 2 year warranty. I assume that the OP purchased this one and this is also the one I'm interested in due to the extra brush and 10' of electrical cord.

I see that the cheaper one (#4147) has only 1 brush and 10' less electrical cord. Don't see much difference other than these two items.

I have a 20K gallon plaster, which one do you recommend? If you recommend the Discovery, do you recommend I wait for a better deal? I figure this time of year should be the bargain time but seeing the $800 price tag compared to the $650 posts is confusing me a bit.

Yes, the Discovery is what we all purchased. I'm sorry the cleaner looks like it's no longer on sale, but you can get $10 off by filling out the email info. They will send you a coupon/discount code. It really is a great robot.

Yes, the Discovery is what we all purchased. I'm sorry the cleaner looks like it's no longer on sale, but you can get $10 off by filling out the email info. They will send you a coupon/discount code. It really is a great robot.

Thank you, Nursenini! I'll be ordering one around March or April. With any luck, it will go on sale by then. Still worth it as I spend 20 to 30 hours a month pushing dirt around with the pole and vacuum.

Thank you, Nursenini! I'll be ordering one around March or April. With any luck, it will go on sale by then. Still worth it as I spend 20 to 30 hours a month pushing dirt around with the pole and vacuum.
Someone posted on another thread yesterday that they called Doheny and asked for $650 price and they gave them it for $650.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Another option is the dolphin Cayman: http://Caymanrobotic.com. Looks to be the same as the Doheny Discovery, but has SmartNav 2.0. I think it's the 2016 version that Dolphin has slated for online sales. It only has a 1 year warranty, but after rebates is $672. Available from:
http://Poolexpress.com
http://Poolbots.com
Amazon also sells it (I believe the one on Amazon is thru Poolexpress).

Yes, that does look to be the same cleaner. Crazy how cleaners are private labeled and branded so much.

it appears that the Caymen has a single brush and no track guards so I think it is one unit below the Discovery (ie. the Saturn or S50).

Waiting for the spring price drop myself.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.