Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

finally replaced the Aquabot T3 with the Discovery based on what i could find on TFP boards- dropped it in the pool and it was off- made a huge difference with how it ran- i could tell the difference immediately. Nice upgrade to the pool.

whats the possibility of a stand??

thanks guys- as always - great info for neophytes looking to avoid common mistakes !!

cheers

I use my caddy a lot because I don't leave my cleaner in the pool (I always take it out and rinse it down). When the cleaner is outside the pool you either have to have it on it's caddy or, and this is what Maytronics recommends, store it upside down so that you don't accidentally flatten the treads or rollers. They run about $100, you can clip the power supply to the front of it and you can wind up your cords and hang them from it. It's also a lot easier to wheel the cleaner from point A to point B rather than lugging it around. No-brainer in my opinion...

May I ask some questions about this cleaner? Or, do I have to start my own thread to just ask questions so as not to be flagged a hijacker?

Obviously, the questions relate to this robot cleaner, so to me, it makes no sense to have to start a whole separate thread when you all sound like your experts regarding this cleaner.

So, what cleaning mode you guys running your S series in ?
I think I prefer the quick clean mode the best, most of the time now on my 300. Unless I need a real good wall or water line cleaning I prefer to run on on the quick clean , floor only mode.
I dont know if you all have this problem, but this S dolphin series does such a good job cleaning the waterline ..........and it really does "take its time" with the job , I find when it gets over my skimmer intake (the only pump intake we have ), it stalls the whole system as the pump sucks air and everything shuts down until the pressure comes back . Heater shuts down , Liquidator stalls and it sends air through my sand filter . As a result , I prefer to run "floor only, quick clean" which is a 1 hour cycle (wish it was a 2 hour floor cycle) . I only run the full cycle when I need too .
I am loving this "S" series ..........my old cleaner never had enough guts to block the skimmer intake and stall the pump ! ;)

Regular clean for 2 hrs mostly every other day. If I have a lot of debris or wind I'll run an additional floor only for 1.5 hrs in between. Never had an issue with skimmer because it is (sadly) tied in series with the MD so the float diverter valve will drop and pull 100% MD if the skimmer loses prime. Also, my VSP will sense a prime loss and will ramp to full speed to try to compensate and regain prime. If it can't regain prime within a few high speed cycles, the pump throws an error and the system shuts down to avoid a pump overheat. Never had loss of prime so thankfully I have never had the pump use that option.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey guys I am new to the forum. I've been watching this thread for awhile and we have only had our new house with pool since last September. Our brush and vacuum broke already this year. I replaced them with a cheap version of each from amazon and we cleaned the pool one time before ordering a robot! I have been emailing backing and fourth with Mrs. Mills and I wanted everyone to know the customer service I received on the phone tonight when ordering was some of the best service I've had in years! I called a few hours before closing and she substituted something that was more expensive for something that wasn't going to be in stock until tonight so that my robot could be shipped yet today! I'll post my thoughts when we get our S300 in the mail!

Good day,
Been pouring over all the Dolphin models ect , also where I can purchase in Ontario. I’m pretty much sold on the Dolphin Triton with power stream, however I also saw this unit, the Dolphin “premium”. Based on the picture and the Bluetooth would you say this is the same as the 300i????
pool robot.jpg

Good day,
Been pouring over all the Dolphin models ect , also where I can purchase in Ontario. I’m pretty much sold on the Dolphin Triton with power stream, however I also saw this unit, the Dolphin “premium”. Based on the picture and the Bluetooth would you say this is the same as the 300i????
View attachment 62218

Yup, probably is.

Maddie :flower:

Good day,
View attachment 62218

Could also be a 300 (minus the i) . 300 and 300i look identical . I have a 300 , and it does have Bluetooth capabilities. It more limited compared to the "i" , but it does have the remote control feature .

Perfect, that's the answer I was looking for (the controller seems a bit more basic then some of the other ones i've seen).
View attachment 62237

Thanks again!!!!

That is not the controller for a 300 , or 300i . I cant say 100% , but I think the 200 even has more buttons on it than the one you have pictured . That is a VERY basic S series control unit. Definitely can not be a 300, or 300i cleaner version .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.