Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I imagine it will go on sale soon... Doheny's stores are in the midwest I'm assuming, so nobody is using pool robots in the middle of winter. Us West Coasters have to worry about stuff all year long.

I imagine it will go on sale soon... Doheny's stores are in the midwest I'm assuming, so nobody is using pool robots in the middle of winter. Us West Coasters have to worry about stuff all year long.

Doheny's has warehouses serving both coasts, Texas and the Midwest, so they do business year-round.

So after running my Doheny Discovery through its first couple cycles, I must say that I am seriously impressed by how this thing makes its way around the pool. Even with a pool that was pretty much crystal clear, I was still able to pick up a bunch of dirt and debris each time I pulled the robot out of the water. Only time will tell how long it lasts, but so far I think my $649 investment was well worth it.

mjxxfp.jpg

1568nxf.jpg

Robot in action
2cpdx0j.jpg

Cleaning the waterline tile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM04hMAzM_o

What color stonescapes do you have? It looks like Tahoe blue but I'm not sure [emoji848]

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color stonescapes do you have? It looks like Tahoe blue but I'm not sure [emoji848]

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered!

It was a "Super Secret Special" mix put together by my PB.... so what I'm saying is, he took Tahoe Blue and added abalone shells into the mix for the rock star shimmer. He never really told me what the base was, but over the last few years I've compared it to pictures of Tahoe blue and in person, so I'm 99.9999% sure it is Tahoe blue. :)

Just finished reading this thread after someone suggested switching from my Polaris 280. I would be in the camp that wants to leave the cleaner in the pool 24/7 since tree debris requires cleaning most every day. But I don't want a cord laying across the pool deck and plugged into an outlet. That is a big downside for me.

With the Polaris I just empty the filter bag when I notice it getting full.

Bill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Bill,

The cord is not plugged into an "outlet".. the robot is run off low voltage DC so there is no danger of an electrical shock.

I have three robots, two of them spend 99% of their time underwater at rent houses, the only time they come out is when I clean the filters.

At my house I'm just the opposite, as I hate to see that thing in my pool when not in use.

Jim R.

My robot has been in the pool continuously since we quit swimming. I remove it, clean the filter and toss it back in. The cord hasn't been any issue at all. I do usually take it out during the swim season and only run it once or twice per week.

My robot has been in the pool continuously since we quit swimming. I remove it, clean the filter and toss it back in. The cord hasn't been any issue at all. I do usually take it out during the swim season and only run it once or twice per week.

Ditto

I have now completed an exhaustive search and decided that this is definitely the cleaner for me, and it's $799! Hopefully it will go on sale sooner rather than later.

So is the consensus that this at $675 is the best bang for your buck? I don't mind spending a little bit more, but do the more expensive until really worth the extra $300-400+? Other than price what are the cons for this cleaner compared to something like the Dolphin Premier, Triton Plus or Nautilus Plus?

edit: I just noticed that the $675 price was for a used or opened unit, so the question above still stands it just $125 more than I originally posted.

If you can get by with a manual vacuum until we get closer to Summer, I'm sure Doheny will run a sale on the Discovery by then. I know, I'm waiting for the deals on 2017 F150's and I also have money burning a hole in my pocket! Fourth of July weekend can't come fast enough.

I wanted to add a pic of my cord being twisted up after a week in the pool. This is the worst it has ever been. Usually it is about half that much. Nothing a 60' walk can't fix. The cord pretty much unwinds itself as I walk. But, I do have to do it every time. Still easier than dealing with the pressure cleaner hose, especially in cold water. And of course it does a great job of cleaning the pool and it is super easy to clean the filter.

IMG_20170116_130012.jpg

I've been using the pleated filter. Still don't know if the pleated is the fine filter. I have a screened pool cage and there are no leaves so I can't tell the difference.

Wondering which filter everyone has been using.

The pleated paper filter is the fine filter. The coarse filter is a mesh screen filter. I have only used the coarse filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.