Jul 21, 2021
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi to all the TFP gurus,

This is my 2nd year with a 12' round pool, it seems like June and the 1st half of July...it really is trouble free.... after mid-July... that when things go downhill with this pool...and my patience. I will try to give as much detail as possible. I am located in Toronto. The pool has been cloudy sometimes green, for the last two weeks or so. I *THINK* I have been able kill the green algae. Now the water is back to cloudy (it goes between green and cloudy and just cloudy). I did shock it last night with the liquid chlorine that I bought from the pool store (10L yellow jug), I put that last bit of chlorine in the pool last night...maybe a liter or two. My pool is 9500L or about 2400 gallons. The last few tests at the pool store and on my strips, have shown pretty good balance of water, but high chlorine, with is understandable, because I have been shocking it. I have tried a clarifier two different times, about 4 days apart, and it literally does nothing. I really don't know where to go with this pool...and I am getting close to draining it, and packing away for the season.

I attached a pic of the colour and cloudiness of the water...

Any suggestions? Anything I should be trying? Any more info I can provide?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20210803_181410.jpg
    20210803_181410.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Capsinthe6
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.