12 pounds of Borax?

So I did another water test to be sure. I did not add any Borax, and my wife says I can't see the color for the PH. She says it's 7.2 because it has some pink in it.

Am I doing this next step correctly? Pool math tells me that TA is outside of range. So I click on it, and it tells me to lower it with acid and raise it with air. I then went to PH, and it told me to add 5 lbs, 11 oz of Borax. It also tells me to add 2 lbs, 10 oz of a stabilizer. Am I using pool math correctly? Do I need to only worry about the red warning symbols or the blue ones also? My latest tests are attached, but I think you can see them. Thank you for your time and patience. DustyScreenshot_20220605-210120.jpgScreenshot_20220605-210112.jpg

and my wife says I can't see the color for the PH. She says it's 7.2 because it has some pink in it.
Then problem solved !!! :ROFLMAO: any 7 is equally fine, especially for a vinyl pool.
Do I need to only worry about the red warning symbols or the blue ones also?
Just keep asking and we'll steer you. For now you are good across the board.

30 CYA is great for Michagan

TA is fine 60-100,

7.2 Ph is fine. Thanks for the assist Mrs Dusty !!!

Your target FC for 30 CYA is 4-6. You want to maintain target range and never get to minimum @ 2FC. So aim for high target, not low target. A little bit of a safety net will serve you well as you learn.

Poolmath will have 'ideal ranges' and they are just the statistical average pool #s for your pool type. They aren't your pool and we will let your pool be itself if it wants to be a bit unique, providing its still in the broader ok range.

Also, I think you got poolmath straightened out as mine is agreeing now.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Then problem solved !!! :ROFLMAO: any 7 is equally fine, especially for a vinyl pool.

Just keep asking and we'll steer you. For now you are good across the board.

30 CYA is great for Michagan

TA is fine 60-100,

7.2 Ph is fine. Thanks for the assist Mrs Dusty !!!

Your target FC for 30 CYA is 4-6. You want to maintain target range and never get to minimum @ 2FC. So aim for high target, not low target. A little bit of a safety net will serve you well as you learn.

Poolmath will have 'ideal ranges' and they are just the statistical average pool #s for your pool type. They aren't your pool and we will let your pool be itself if it wants to be a bit unique, providing its still in the broader ok range.

Also, I think you got poolmath straightened out as mine is agreeing now

So I needed a free hand here to take the pic, but you'll get the idea. I take a finger from each hand and block off the values above and below the one I want to compare.

It's SO much easier to ask if this looks like that, without the other ones mucking it up. Then go up or down until one is clearly the closest. You don't need a bullseye, just that it's in range and closest to 7.X.

20220508_085444.jpg

How did the chart say to add acid?
My guess is that it said to add acid to lower the TA. Not needed, as that acid addition will happen later anyway when the pH rises, but new people to Pool Math might think it's imperative to get all numbers into range including TA when TA doesn't typically need to be forced down.

My guess is that it said to add acid to lower the TA. Not needed, as that acid addition will happen later anyway when the pH rises, but new people to Pool Math might think it's imperative to get all numbers into range including TA when TA doesn't typically need to be forced down.

PoolMath does not say anything about adding acid to lower the TA.

PoolMath does not give any amount of acid to lower the TA.

1654710342523.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you nailed it. Thank you.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.