My Water Test

As much as we all dislike the pool Store test, based strictly on the numbers I'm saying I wouldn't do anything other then use the pool math calculator located in my signature to figure out how to increase your FC. Use regular or pool chlorine or bleach. Same same.

i use the 10% from Walmart.

chayne, I think you should hold-on to that product only to compare the numbers to what you get when you test your own waster, and also compare to what you learn you should be adding versus what they suggest. It's always an eye-opener. :) I wouldn't do a single thing right now other than to keep adding about 1/2 gallon of regular bleach to your water each evening. We don't like for people to waste chemicals or add anything based on the pool store. Nice decision to order the TF-100. :goodjob:

thanks for the info. i have not added anything whatsoever to my pool based on what they told me. i was kinda shocked that they did not try to sell me anything. they did however tell me that adding bleach to my pool was not the best thing to do. when they said that i just kinda smiled and thought, ok here comes the sales pitch. but there was not one. i just kinda wanted to see what the water was like. i only have a cheap test kit, which only shows chlorine and PH. i am really looking forward to get my test kit. i actually got mine off of ebay. it will probably be here on Tuesday. i have been using borax to keep PH in check. i will be buying more bleach when i go to grocery store on saturday. got enough now to last til tomorrow. this forum has been so informative i just find myself sitting each night reading for hours, mainly pool school

so i have just stuck the sock in the pool by my return jet loaded with a pound of CYA. i have also been adding about 1/2 of jug of bleach to my pool each night before i go to bed. i think i am doing all i can until my test kit arrives. wish it would hurry and get here, i am so curious to see what is going on with my pool. thanks for all your help. i think i tend to read more than i post. love reading the pool school section.

forgot to ask, is it ok to swim in the pool while the CYA is in the sock dissolving?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.