New build in Indiana

An option would be to get a quote from another PB to put in a new liner. Then withhold that amount + a bit more until it is fixed.

To a certain extent, I'd question a PB that would ask you to pay for something that is not right.

No way would I pay that 3rd payment until a new liner is installed - one that fits and does not have rocks under it.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Be a pain in the rear to your PB until they fix it. They eventually go away...the pool does not. Have them make it right.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I didn't want to be a picky lady....and was questioning my standards. I've had family over to see the pool. They all noticed the multiple wrinkles immediately, and could see the rock sticking up. I hate this for both parties. But I know I have done nothing wrong. I should have just told him to take it when he showed me the bench area. I have poofy corners on one end as well, but I think that may be normal. I imagine ill be talking to him tomorrow. They didn't let the liner warm up. They took it straight out of the box into the pool, and had to use a hair dryer looking thing to stretch it into a corner. I'm worried now, that the temps are not compatible. High 50's maybe 60, and lows anywhere from high 20's to low 40's.

So sorry to hear about your liner issues. You picked out a beautiful color. I'm sure you PB will fix/replace the liner and it will come out great. Your not being too picky. You paid for quality and that's what you should except and get. I know my PB installs liners in Nov. here in NY. My PB explained that the liner company cuts the liner differently depending on the install date and temp. My steps had a few wrinkles in the corners too but they disappeared as soon as we filled the pool. Just as my PB said they would. Good luck I'm sure it will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you:) I hope he will replace it. I hate it for him and I both. I did read that about the seasonal cuts.I was really worried about my steps too....those came out perfect. Lol.
So sorry to hear about your liner issues. You picked out a beautiful color. I'm sure you PB will fix/replace the liner and it will come out great. Your not being too picky. You paid for quality and that's what you should except and get. I know my PB installs liners in Nov. here in NY. My PB explained that the liner company cuts the liner differently depending on the install date and temp. My steps had a few wrinkles in the corners too but they disappeared as soon as we filled the pool. Just as my PB said they would. Good luck I'm sure it will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! My wheels have been spinning on the landscaping for awhile. It will have to be a DIY job. I'm open to suggestions from anyone!
I was thinking a cypress tree in the fence corner. And fountain grasses and or pencil trees along the fence section behind the pool.
Looks great! Now you can plan your landscaping during the winter months.

I just talked to my PB. I texted him a few days ago and had not heard back. So I texted him again and told him my issues with the liner, and that I didnt feel comfortable leaving this liner in. And asked how we should proceed. He didnt acknowledge anything about the bench or the 12 wrinkles.... Just the rock issue. He said we can drain it and get the rock out or winterize it and get a Latham rep to come look at it. I asked him when a rep could come. He said he'd have to check.

I have a feeling Latham will not do anything. After the pool was full; I read, if its cut wrong, it should NOT be filled and sent back clean and dry. I did what I was told...I didnt know better. I'm afraid if we winterized it.... Then any chance of Latham replacing it will be gone. IDK if I should call Latham myself???

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Give your PB a time limit to come out and talk to you. Tell him that you are hoping to not have to contact the company on your own. You want to give him a chance to take care of it but if he will not then you will. See what he says after that.

You are still holding the money right????

Kim:kim:

I still have the last installment. It's to be paid when everything is completed/done. I just want Latham and the Pb to figure out who's going to replace it. So if a rep needs to come out.....then that should happen soon. I'm not letting PB cut in the returns, and get it up and running and be "done" yet.

Unfortunately, by contract I must pay all installments. My lawyer (my sister) said I have to pay it, but to write "disputed payment" and sue for the money back if need be. I just want my pool correct, completed, and closed. I could have saved money and ordered an incorrectly measured liner, full of wrinkles and installed it myself. I would have removed the rock though;)
Give your PB a time limit to come out and talk to you. Tell him that you are hoping to not have to contact the company on your own. You want to give him a chance to take care of it but if he will not then you will. See what he says after that.

You are still holding the money right????

Kim:kim:

Update:
I texted my PB and asked if he had an estimated date yet from the Rep. My PB said " I wish it were that quick....it's quite a process". Does it really take a LONG time to get a rep out???

He said he would be by tomorrow to close the pool for the winter. I don't know if I'll get to even have a chance to run the equipment before its closed.

I texted with the PB this evening. He said the weather conditions weren't favorable the day they installed it, and he wouldn't replace it until the first warm days of spring. ( It was still cut too big I believe)
I asked who would be replacing and paying for the new one. He said "I will".
I thanked him for having integrity and making it right. He thanked me for being understanding. He really seems like a man of his word, I've always trusted him. I doubt he'd text all that, if his intentions are different. ( knowing those text could be used against him). Plus I spent a good amount of time praying about the situation. God Bless you all.....Thank you for your advice:)
And if he has a change of heart.....well, my sister is my lawyer and I have his text messages. And they are a well established company:)

Well, pool was closed last Friday. We ran the equipment for awhile, then blew the lines out. He is coming back to install a new liner next spring, and he wrote it out on the contract without me asking him to. I paid him the last installment. He said he'd get a rep out closer to the new install time. Glad it worked out this way. I'm actually relieved to have a " break" from the pool for awhile. Hopefully, next summer.....Ill forget about all the troubles, and make lots of good memories with my family and friends:party::party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.