Cloudy water

You need to make sure you're done with a SLAM/Algae outbreak before you close. You do not want to waste all that effort n close what appears to be a clean pool, only to find algae upon opening.

But yes, you'd SLAM the pool n close it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I don't know what happened but all of a sudden out if no where, whatever was on the bottom stopped coming back and for 3 days now the pool has been completely clear and no more stuff on the bottom. I threw a decent amount of algaecide in there I don't know if that's what they did or it's just a coincidence but keeping my fingers crossed here are some pics
3afe545a7599a997804fa7d2fe9ed4f7.jpg
5f40c44ca05b08b0747c0ece52b2214a.jpg
3e2c67bc5a887f35102a90121826bc5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So far it's good.... Question is there any way to lower CYA? In the beginning I was using tablets which raised it big time to around 100, sucks cause I have to maintain the chlorine pretty high not to mention shock level is like 33.I want to get it back to 50 like I had it in the beginning. Also does CYA lose during the course of the winter while the pool is closed?

The only way to deliberately lower CYA is to drain and refill the % Pool Math tells you to. There is a company that tried to make a product that would lower it but it did not work. There were several people who tried it. Maybe one day someone will find something that does work.

I know with all of my rain here in FL I tend to fight to get and keep my CYA up due to draining off rain water.

SOME people have reported losing CYA over the winter. We have not been able to figure out why this happened. We will keep asking questions in hopes of one day figuring it out!

:kim:

I'm hoping to lose the CYA over the winter, I really don't want to drain the pool and refill it... My water bill is high to begin with, with the sprinklers and all. This way if I lose it over the winter I can start over next year with everything now that I know what to do

I'm hoping to lose the CYA over the winter, I really don't want to drain the pool and refill it... My water bill is high to begin with, with the sprinklers and all. This way if I lose it over the winter I can start over next year with everything now that I know what to do

You would not drain the whole pool BUT I do hear you on not wanting to spend any more money on water. It does not hurt a thing to let it sit where it is and see where it is in the Spring.

You would not drain the whole pool BUT I do hear you on not wanting to spend any more money on water. It does not hurt a thing to let it sit where it is and see where it is in the Spring.

Yes that's what I'm thinking, this way if the CYA does come back to normal when I open it up next year I can start from scratch the right way and not endure with the problems I had this year

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.