New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX. Updated 7/30/16

Re: New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX

Those style valves are rebuildable and not likely to have issues anyway. I wouldn't worry about too much other than that chlorinator.

Why did they choose to run the gas like like that?

Your coping looks super!! It works well with the surroundings - the firepit, grill and bar area, and the house. I love, love, love the waterline tile! The subtle aqua in it is a great contrast with the coping. Did you say what color plaster ya'll are using? Great selections!! What could be better - a huge pool and lots of open space! Ahhhhhhh, in my next life!

That coping looks fantastic. I will say it's going to be hot as Hades when not wet in the sun. The coloration is beautiful.

Got some updates! Electrical has been done, except for lights. Plumbing finished. Gas line for heater done. Tile and coping in progress. Also got some prewiring done for low voltage lighting, and added a few outlets, including an outdoor outlet near pool equipment anticipating a Stenner set up.

What do ya'll think about the coping?

have to share my concerns with that gas line to the heater, is that a completely unsupported run from wall to heater? it should be along the ground then up into the heater. probably not a code issue but it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

All, Thank you for all your kind remarks! We are pretty excited about it!

BDavis, that's good to know about the valves!

Regarding the gas line... I don't know the answer. Our meter was on the other side of the house, and the least expensive way to get it from A to B was into the house, through the house with flex line, then out the other side with pipe to the heater. Maybe they didn't bury it as I told them there was going to have to be fence posts right there? I'm not crazy about their solution, but there is going to be a privacy fence screening it, per HOA requirements. Aesthetically, I hope the fence will take care of it. The bracing issue is a really great point. I may call them and ask them about that. The PB was completely hands off on the gas situation. Maybe that's normal, I don't know. I found it odd, but we did the best we could to get it done, and still felt kinda ripped off. That said, I had another bid for twice as much, to do the same thing. Crazy...

Still waiting on stone/tile guy to finish up. He no showed today. A recurring theme.

Wow what an epic pool you have.

I don't know if it's the lighting but from those first dig pics, that dirt is gorgeous....like you dug for a pool on Mars. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Following along. The pool we are starting next week looks to be very similar but on a smaller scale... a freeform with Oklahoma flagstone coping and a similar weeping wall but a raised spa... it seems like most of the new builds I am seeing lately are all geometrics so I can't wait to see how your tile, plaster, etc. all comes together!

Supposedly plaster tomorrow at 0700. So close.... For whatever reason the plaster has been about the only part my wife has been demanding on. She finally got it picked out after several iterations as she really wants a very specific water color. I'm rather ambivalent about this aspect of the pool, and just turned it over to her. Please wish me luck that they roll in with the right color and the right mix, and the right glass beads. ;)

Man this build has me excited. Basically one month from dig to water. I was told two and a half so I'm hopeful we may get to swim before Labor Day. Your pool looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With good weather it shouldn't take more than a month. It just depends on how complicated your design is and how much extra stuff you want. Also may depend on your builder and how backed up they are. Ours took 1 month dig to swim. But would have been about 3 weeks if it wasn't for weather.

Matt

Congratulations!!! Your build has gone super quick! What plaster are you using again (too tired to search for it)...

Cant wait to see it full of water!
Your deck looks like mine-or what mine SHOULD look like. Looks like they did a beautiful job! My base concrete is Rosemary and I think the stain is Smoke. Mine is still too beige is most areas. Yours looks nice and evenly done. Love it!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.