Cloudy Pool

Jeff N

May 31, 2016
Camanche,Iowa
Where do I start. 25,000 gallon indoor with vinyl liner.

Just moved in. It was green but after algaecide and shocking it cleared up.

Now....it's super cloudy. The PH was ultra low but after PH up, it is at least on the chart.

Chlorine was super high as well after shocking but now it too is low. The green is gone but cloudiness remains.

What do I attack 1st? Get the chlorine up and stable and then the PH? Or get the PH up and then the chlorine.??

1st time pool person and this is kicking my booty.

Hello Jeff and welcome to TFP! :wave: Where to start? ..... the right test kit. How are you testing? If it's not from a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C then you're missing some valuable data. So should be your first priority. Then read the link to the "SLAM" page below in my sig. That's the process you will use to clear your water. Do not add anything else to your water right now other than regular liquid bleach - about 1/2 gallon per day for now. Once we confirm your test kit or you order the recommended one, we can get very specific on your treatment plan. Rest-assured it revolves primarily around regular bleach. Great to have you with us.

Oh, don't forget to add your pool info to your signature! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.