BBB convert with a shelf full of pool store chemicals

May 13, 2016
Walla Walla, WA
I found this forum and began the BBB method a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, that was AFTER the pool guy opened my pool for me and stocked my shelf with pool store goodies. In particular, I am left with a full bottle of GLB Algae-X and some Clear Blue water clarifier. I realize that when following the BBB guidelines these products are unnecessary. However, because I already paid for them and they have been opened, I'm wondering if using them in conjunction with my liquid chlorine may help 1. use less FC to neutralize algae, and 2. help my filtration system clean out small particles. What do you guys think: use them until they are gone or get rid of them? As a reference, my pool guy advised me to use 4oz of each once weekly. Thanks!

I would say just hold on to them for now until you get more familiar with the water chemistry and things effect each other.
Once you get more of a grip on the chemistry, then you may be able to use some of it at some point ifyou need to. It's not that all of the pool store products the products are bad, its just that they are used with bad advice, usually given by a salesman.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.