slaming pool for days

A high FC does not effect the liner as long as the FC is matched to the current CYA per the Chlorine/CYA Chart (link in my sig). The CYA not only protects the FC from the sun, but also protects the swimmers and parts of the pool from the harsh effects of the chlorine. So when a CYA is high, the FC naturally needs to be higher on the chart and visa-verse. As long as the two are balanced together, it's no problem.

I am on day 9 and have not seen hardly any change. Maintaining 33 ppm FC. Have pH 7.6 cya 85. 120 TA. Testing 3 times per day it dropped to 28 once other than that has been within a couple of 33. Beginning to think i dont know what I have be doing although this is my 16 year with pool.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If we round up on CYA that makes 90 which would be a SLAM level of 35. Not that 2 ppm should make a giant difference, just pointing it out.

How's your CC?

Thanks for encouragement. ��

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It is actually meant to be encouragement. Don't give up after 9 days. Once you get it sparkling, maintenance will be far easier. There's nothing worse than when someone thinks their water is clean, but it turns out they have a hidden algae problem they didn't know about, which makes maintenance hard.

Hey there, You doing good... The CC going from .5 to 1.5 is a good sign, your making some greenies unhappy and they are dying off... Some pools just take longer and sand filters are usually the longest but they are also the easiest to clean :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.