slaming pool for days

Once you are clean and clear. The SWG really isn't intended to supply the level of chlorine you need to SLaM. There has been some talk about using it to help Maintain the proper level, but it does take away from the overall 'life' of the cell. So that's really a call only you can decide.

It for sure needs to be off when you are ready for the OCLT so it doesn't skew the results.

Tbis is deep end of my pool ph 7.6 fc 26 ta 120 calcium 40 cya 90. I have keep the pool at 35 FC for 21 days and stopped Saturday night and sunday morning fc dropped none. I have mot added bleach and swg has been off. In 3 days the fc has only dropped to 26. It is still cloudy but i think algae is gone any help with cloudy water?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Donny, my apologies for not going all the way back to the beginning, but I just want to re-cap a few things okay:
- If your CYA is confirmed as still only 40, please go ahead and let the FC continue to drift down. You're about 2.5Xs the SLAM limit of 16, so we don't want any side-effects.
- You did the sand deep cleaning, did you ever add some DE to help with filtrations?
- Has your SWG been off or set to zero this whole time?
- Was the SWG off during your OCLT?

I'm going to ask you to do this ..... leave the pump running, but back off of the FC like I noted above. If you need to verify CYA one more time in bright daylight tomorrow, go ahead. But if it's still showing as 40, let the FC drop to 16. In the meantime, keep an eye on your pool. You can still sweep once a day, but for the most part I want you to back-off slightly and let the pool acclimate to its environment. Once the FC gets back to the 14 range, do another OCLT. Based on your answers above and if you pass that OCLT, then we'll discuss your situation behind the scenes with a TFP panel to see what other options might be available.

Oh okay. No, then just maintain an FC of 31. I would suggest one more OCLT at 31 if you have enough drops left. :) You don't have to do it tonight if that's too short of notice, but at some point record one more. I would also continue the DE addition to the sand when you are available to watch the pressure. My hope is that you've basically killed any living organic matter, and now it's just a matter of filtration. But I'd like to confirm at the right FC (31). Sometimes when your FC is too high it can skew the effects of an OCLT. You've been at this for a while. It's time to wrap it up. :)

Thanks for help and encouragement. My pool is cleared up dramatically now, not completely but much better. Ph7.5 FC 12 TA 120 CYA 80. I just need to check borates now.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.