New construction in Northern CA

For screening, the plant I associate with areas of CA that don't have hard winter weather is Italian Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens). They grow 40-60' tall but seldom wider than 36" in diameter.

Decking: artificial turf {the composite deck was already there, we have that deck again on the other side of the yard}

View attachment 50879

View attachment 50880

View attachment 50881

As you can see we left the right side of the pool 'empty', we don't really know what to do, on one hand the simple thing is to continue the turf but we would like some plants over there or maybe high trees to help with privacy (i don't like the tree(s) idea cause it will mess up the pool) , what would you do on that side?

I would for sure do some sort of drought tolerant plants and grasses.

First thing I would put up would be a small wall to keep the dirt and such out of the pool. I would think about painting a pretty mural on the fence. The tress talked about above might work as they seem to be low shedding.

Kim:cat:

What are the final dimensions of your pool (water area)? Appears similar in size and volume to mine.

14.6 X 26 that's the water dimensions

- - - Updated - - -

For screening, the plant I associate with areas of CA that don't have hard winter weather is Italian Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens). They grow 40-60' tall but seldom wider than 36" in diameter.

I got 3 of them today, and i also think i will add some color in between.

Thanks for suggesting that!

Equipment arrived today
IMG_5625.jpg

Here are the final steps of our build:

Here is the remaining schedule to complete your pool: (email form PB)

6/29-7/8 Plumbing hook up. The crew will be out sometime between these dates to do the plumbing equipment hook up.

7/11 Electrical hook up. The crew will be out to complete the electric tie in.

7/12 Preplaster inspection.

7/14 & 7/15 Sapphire Granito Azul Poolstone interior installation. The crew will install the interior on 7/14. They will come back on 7/15 to polish and start the filling of the pool.

7/20 Solar hook up. The crew will arrive sometime between 2-4pm to hook up the solar panels and discuss the operation and maintenance with you.

If the above phases finish earlier we can try and move up the schedule :)

7/14 & 7/15 Sapphire Granito Azul Poolstone interior installation. The crew will install the interior on 7/14. They will come back on 7/15 to polish and start the filling of the pool.
Based upon this the plaster is installed in one day, they are just coming back to polish it and refill the pool on the second day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the tan, metal thing by the filter? It has a red and a yellow sticker on the top.

Make sure to leave room to move around when you build the "cover" for the equipment. You can make a nice lattice barrier for it. Use the plastic lattice on a wood frame and it will be almost no maintenance when you are done. Pintrest may be helpful for ideas.

You got plastered!! WOW! and that is before acid wash??? That is going to BLING out with the acid wash! PRETTY!

When you go to put the water in make sure the end of the hose is wrapped so the metal does not hurt that pretty plaster. You can also tape a bottle on the hose so it floats as the water is added.

Glad to hear he is going to redo the twister equipment LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.