The Waste Line Issue

BrisbanePoolServices

In The Industry
Feb 24, 2015
Brisbane
Hi guys,

I've got an issue with a client that I'm hoping someone can provide some advice on.

The problem is as follows:

Flooded suction filtration about 1m below pool level. Waste line floods shopping centre at rear of property, down hill (has been many issues with management).
Our plan is to run the waste line to the front of the property however this is up a steep slope and around 5 meters higher (at the drain) than the filtration and about 50 meters from filtration to drain at front of property.

Client has a 1.5Hp pump. Will this pump have enough guts to push the water from backwash to the front of the property? I am considering just running a PVC line with check valve and giving it a try.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

All I can tell you is that I have roof mounted solar heat with the peak being about 16 ft above ground level and my 1.5 HP pump has no problem pushing water through the filter then up to the solar panels to prime them. Of course not all 1.5 HP pumps are created equal when it comes to pump head curve, actual power output, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.