Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

I am so jealous! Lol

Phil! Omg! Sooooo beautiful!

Just makes me want to stare at it! Imagine kids with snorkel masks diving for precious jewels! If I were a kid I could see myself pretending to search for aqua marines and blue topaz in the deep seas of your pool... How fun would that be? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 10 year old daughter and I have have been having a ball of a time already. Schools out...so perfect timing.

Phil!!! Is it full yet??? I'm dying to see it!!!
It's green-ish..so waiting for it to blue out.

Brushing the pool is so therapeutical. Don't ask me why, but I brushed the pool 5 times since the PB dropped of the brush yesterday.

I wonder if I can use the manual vacuum to remove the "silt' that accumulates in a few places. I'll ask my PB I guess.

You can use the manual vacuum if all it has is bristle. Like Marla said, no wheels. The manual is just like brushing the pool BUT I would stay away from the sides (rubbing the side with the plastic=no good.

Kim:cat:

Phil, I don't think you are supposed to use anything with wheels, but maybe Prism Matrix is different than PT in that regard.
I asked PB and he said it was okay to use the manual vacuum. The one he provided was with wheels and he even showed me how to do it.

I brush towards the main drains and wanted to vacuum the particles that are on the pool floor plus the spa. I also cut my finger on a glass piece ( from a jagged piece of sharp glass tile), when I was picking up the sand / dirt / pebbles with my bare hands from the spa area.

Considering that they throw bubbling acid during start up and also power wash the plaster directly, I cannot fathom the plastic wheels causing damage.

We got 99% of the work done and I tell ya - our family is loving it. We are in the pool several times a day - often as late as 1 AM ( last night). Here are a few pics of the journey :

From an empty yard....

To this muddy mess..

And the final outcome...

Reactions: saralines
WOW, SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! Everything works so well together. Plaster and water color are perfect. Those stepping stones are a nice feature. Great job on the landscaping and river rock. Until 1am, wow. We can finally swim again tonight after getting spray deck. The kids can't wait it has been so hot the last two days.

WOW, SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it! Everything works so well together. Plaster and water color are perfect. Those stepping stones are a nice feature. Great job on the landscaping and river rock. Until 1am, wow. We can finally swim again tonight after getting spray deck. The kids can't wait it has been so hot the last two days.
Thanks Fire. The plaster color (Prism Matrix Indigo Blue) came out really classy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that looks really great!!! I really like your tile on the spa.

What plants did you plant around the pool?
Thanks bdrex. Oleander along fence. Fox tail just in front. Ginger something is near the table. Some knock out roses on far side of fence. Wife is planning a herb vegetable garden in sideyard and will probably add on stuff as time goes.

Every bit of it says Wow!!! And that reflection on the water of the spa with the tile trimming and siding - takes my breath away. The blues couldn't be more perfect! I like your landscaping - lots of blooms softening up the yard with the landscaping following the lines of the pool. Your gray rock is a perfect contrast to the coping and pool color - not to mention functional. Are those moon rocks? I love those! I have a tub full but can't decide where to put them in my new landscaping. I like your side yard work, too! I've still got one 'dud' side in the back - maybe next year! Ha!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.