Brand new to pools not chemistry :)

Hard pipe formed before dug and put in ground. Gotta drive that steak and try it before I dog the trench.

0074a381afdad48bf31143eabdea952e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I saw some green algae on the tile well above the water line. How do I kill it best? CC is still good so I don't think it's in the water. Bleach in a squirter and rub a little?

I'll be finishing up everything this weekend and will be adding photos. Have been in a few times and the weather is finally warming the water will probably be in alot this weekend.

Jared

I have 2 covers in the deep end. I figured one was a drain and one was for the in floor cleaning system. No real way for me to tell so I was hoping someone would have some knowledge. I'll call the manufacturer tomorrow.

36b828ca61b5ca92c7db30b6e6bde44b.jpg

On another note:

FC 8
cc 0.5
TA 60
pH 7.6
CH 300
CYA 60

Time to adjust tomorrow. It started lightening on me over here.

Jared

That looks like a fairly high spec pool, and my guess is they are dual main drains. Some people don't put them in and pools run fine without them. Two are put in to reduce the suction on a single opening, because that can be hazardous. Main drains can get plugged up or crack, and when that happens people often abandon them because of the cost of repair.

To find out, there's 3 valves on the intake lines to your pump. One may be marked 'drain' and if not, you could gently turn the valve to feel/hear whether there is flow or not. (wouldn't flow if it's plugged, might draw air if it's cracked, might not). If it's flowing fine, you could pull more water from the drain by throttling the skimmer valve, dive down and you should feel the suction around the edges. The covers are safety covers so a swimmer can't get their arm caught on them, or any other body part.

If the three valves are marked as something else (e.g. skimmer 1, skimmer 2, Vac) there's a remote possibility they're plumbed back to a skimmer, but based on other things you've mentioned I don't think so.

Just food for thought, no way to know until you test, and I hope it's helpful. Be careful messing with the valve at first - go slow, slight turns. There's a chance the drain line underground is clogged with gunk from the year's of no pool use. If it was, you might loosen the gunk and suck it up to the pump basket and need to manage that.

Gotta say, you've come a long way very fast!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks like a fairly high spec pool, and my guess is they are dual main drains. Some people don't put them in and pools run fine without them. Two are put in to reduce the suction on a single opening, because that can be hazardous. Main drains can get plugged up or crack, and when that happens people often abandon them because of the cost of repair.

To find out, there's 3 valves on the intake lines to your pump. One may be marked 'drain' and if not, you could gently turn the valve to feel/hear whether there is flow or not. (wouldn't flow if it's plugged, might draw air if it's cracked, might not). If it's flowing fine, you could pull more water from the drain by throttling the skimmer valve, dive down and you should feel the suction around the edges. The covers are safety covers so a swimmer can't get their arm caught on them, or any other body part.

If the three valves are marked as something else (e.g. skimmer 1, skimmer 2, Vac) there's a remote possibility they're plumbed back to a skimmer, but based on other things you've mentioned I don't think so.

Just food for thought, no way to know until you test, and I hope it's helpful. Be careful messing with the valve at first - go slow, slight turns. There's a chance the drain line underground is clogged with gunk from the year's of no pool use. If it was, you might loosen the gunk and suck it up to the pump basket and need to manage that.

Gotta say, you've come a long way very fast!!

As for my progress I do what I can :). Nothing like working at work all day and working at home until I shower and go to bed and repeat. I already have all the valves in the pool room open so I am not sure if what you have mentioned is an option I will keep that in mind though. I think at least one would be a drain how else would it drain? A home sump pump for 30k gallons wouldn't make sense on this type of build, most everything was well thought out.

Kim I'll chronicle the turbo jet as I cant find a whole lot of info online myself. I am hoping that with it functioning the pool wont fill with so much dirt. All the trees make for a good amount of sediement and bugs that end up on the floor. Now that I have some clue of what I am looking for I'll go down and try to run my hand around, however, my breath holding skills aren't vast. I did that and I could get under the lip of each one but I was mostly just trying to figure out how much debris could be under them as they are good collecting points and I suspected one of them to be for the floor cleaner.

Jared

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.