New Install Kinda

So I really loved your pool area, as you know...and was super proud of you all ... but little did I know the best was yet to come! Context has now been established and the pool was the missing crown jewel for your masterpiece backyard! Kudos on your own personal outdoor wonderland! Reminds me of EPCOT in Orlando. Congratulations!

Cop1406 that is one heck of a transformation! The landscaping and decking really set things off...Congrats on all your hard work!

Thanks for all the encouraging words. This weekend I built this copper bar top and seating area that overlooks the pool. Wrapped the copper and then hand hammered it. It will patina with age.

0a78eb10e0a0c31dbe5ff80f7be82ea1.jpg

Woah that looks stellar! Is it a copper encased wood/composite? Or perhaps hollow copper box? Did you wrap in some kind of a protective plastic encapsulation or something? Is it rough, smooth, or textured to the touch? Will it get hot/cold with the ambient temperature? That really classes up the joint!

Woah that looks stellar! Is it a copper encased wood/composite? Or perhaps hollow copper box? Did you wrap in some kind of a protective plastic encapsulation or something? Is it rough, smooth, or textured to the touch? Will it get hot/cold with the ambient temperature? That really classes up the joint!

I built an exterior plywood bar top and then bought sheet copper. I bent and hammered the sheet copper around the bar top and then hand hammered the copper. It is not protected and will patina, it has started too already. It's under the patio so it doesn't get too hot. It is hammered but does not have any rough edges.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was also wondering what you used on the copper. I forgot all about a ball peen hammer! I used to have one. Hmmmm, I wonder where it went? "Nickkkkk.......!" Suz shouts to her son. :laughblue:

I love copper, but it frustrates me. I always have this urge to polish it. You are smart to let the beutiful patina age. It will be gorgeous!!!

Interesting... I can see the pamphlet now:

New pool with easy entry steps, deck, and exclusively for our family and guests.
Always perfectly balanced and sanitized water cared for daily with professional test kit and minimal chemicals.
Our secluded property gives you the privacy of nature, yet is only half an hour from (see last post).

We treat guests like family and are happy to bring you an ice cold beverage or hot coffee while you sit at our custom, hand made copper bar, overlooking the pool and forest.

Meals are both nutritious and hearty, preparing you for an active vacation, while always making sure flavor and balance earn top marks.

Luxurious resort style bedding is high temperature sanitized and laundered before each stay. Beds are soft, yet supportive. All rooms are quiet and peaceful after dark for early birds to recharge before their next adventure.

Wireless high speed internet and complementary color printing are included. Our family is happy to help you plan your travel and activities, making sure you've got the maps, passes, licenses, and local knowledge you need.

Hot breakfast and dinner served 7 days a week at scheduled times. Need a pick-me-up? Healthy and indulgent snacks available 24/7 in the kitchen including baked fresh daily treats and local organic produce. For those needing to eat before or after scheduled meals, quick fix foods such as oatmeal, homemade pancake batter, eggs, bagels, fruit, sandwiches, and pre-made salads are available for self-service. Herbs, vegetables, and fruits will come from our private garden as available, locally sourced when possible, and usually organic.

When you need a home away from home, nowhere else is good enough. Chateau Trouble Free Pool still has limited availability left for 2018, so please book early and don't miss out of our hospitality, location, coziness, and you relaxation!

Queen size, non-smoking rooms start at $179/night for up to two adults with shared full bathroom
Queen size, non-smoking suite with private full bath starts at $249 for two adults
King size master suite, non-smoking, starts at $349/night for up to two adults and includes a private master bathroom

Weekly rates available for select times of year.

Ensure your vacation is a complete success and book now. You are worth it.

Interesting... I can see the pamphlet now:

New pool with easy entry steps, deck, and exclusively for our family and guests.
Always perfectly balanced and sanitized water cared for daily with professional test kit and minimal chemicals.
Our secluded property gives you the privacy of nature, yet is only half an hour from (see last post).

We treat guests like family and are happy to bring you an ice cold beverage or hot coffee while you sit at our custom, hand made copper bar, overlooking the pool and forest.

Meals are both nutritious and hearty, preparing you for an active vacation, while always making sure flavor and balance earn top marks.

Luxurious resort style bedding is high temperature sanitized and laundered before each stay. Beds are soft, yet supportive. All rooms are quiet and peaceful after dark for early birds to recharge before their next adventure.

Wireless high speed internet and complementary color printing are included. Our family is happy to help you plan your travel and activities, making sure you've got the maps, passes, licenses, and local knowledge you need.

Hot breakfast and dinner served 7 days a week at scheduled times. Need a pick-me-up? Healthy and indulgent snacks available 24/7 in the kitchen including baked fresh daily treats and local organic produce. For those needing to eat before or after scheduled meals, quick fix foods such as oatmeal, homemade pancake batter, eggs, bagels, fruit, sandwiches, and pre-made salads are available for self-service. Herbs, vegetables, and fruits will come from our private garden as available, locally sourced when possible, and usually organic.

When you need a home away from home, nowhere else is good enough. Chateau Trouble Free Pool still has limited availability left for 2018, so please book early and don't miss out of our hospitality, location, coziness, and you relaxation!

Queen size, non-smoking rooms start at $179/night for up to two adults with shared full bathroom
Queen size, non-smoking suite with private full bath starts at $249 for two adults
King size master suite, non-smoking, starts at $349/night for up to two adults and includes a private master bathroom

Weekly rates available for select times of year.

Ensure your vacation is a complete success and book now. You are worth it.

Wow, that's awesome!! Do you write ads for a living?

Thank you. It is indeed a component of my work. Everyone in business is in sales/advertising/marketing/networking/CRM whether they understand/accept that or not. This holds for non-profits, civil servants, and uniformed service members as well. If you believe in something and someone is paying you to advance it or you're volunteering for it, you serve all those roles, whether executive, janitorial, support staff, artisan, consultant, cashier, accountant, craftsman, laborer, caregiver, engineer, manager, public servant, first responder, food service, educator, retail salesperson, or otherwise. Any business owner, charitable leader, bureaucrat or employer that doesn't agree is probably experiencing less success that they are capable of. Any employee that declines to embrace it or works for someone operating otherwise could benefit from change. Just my opinions so far in life.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.