Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: trouble with browsers & this page

1. Back To Top    #1

trouble with browsers & this page

I'm getting frustrated -- have tried deleting cookies, clearing history, ect multiple times but still having problems with log in.

if I log in through AOL browser I sign in on main page, get a redirect and see welcome amieelynne...then when I click on either forum (on the left) or index (on the top) I go to that page but am no longer signed in. if I type my name and password again into the boxes at the top I am brought back to the main page and welcome guest is there. back to the forum index click on topic to start new one or reply...brought to log in page...type in info once again and nothing. litterally nothing..it flashes, clears the box I just typed my info in but no error message or anything.

if I access the page through IE I can log in and don't loose my status going from page to page...but when I try to click on any link that someone posts I get a new screen that pops up to open that link but it never opens--ever. I end up having to alt-ctrl-del out of IE to shut it down and start all over...to work around I end up copy/paste links into AOL...what a PIA

what is wrong and how do I fix it?? I am running norton and zonealarm pro--have allowed all popups and cookies, shut off spyware and done everything else I can think of to give access needed for this site
    27' round AGP, 2hp 2speed pump & 150sf cartridge filter --taking a stab at BBB and eyeing all the cool gadgets available for pools ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Hi, AOL browsers are known to be problematic with a lot of sites.

After the last upgrade, I also had tons of problems using IE7, whereas before I had no problems here with IE7. I now only use Mozilla Firefox for this site. You may want to try that. It's safer to use than IE anyway.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks Buggs. It is my understanding that AOL has problems with phpbb based forums in general.

Like Buggs said, you might try browsing with either IE or Firefox.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Amie,

I am an AOL user. Try this and see if this might help you. AOL always has a little extra to add to the mix. Go to this website and try it out.

Click on the HELP tab up top
    Type in the search: Clearing AOL cookies
    Click on: Clear My Footprints for AOL® Explorer
    and follow the directions
    Once finished, log out of AOL
    Restart your computer and log bag into AOL and then log on to TFP.

Good Luck. If you have other questions, please let me know.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks...that only works on the new AOL 9.0VR I believe. I have an older version and have no option to clear footprints, yet I do have that option on my other computer that is running VR. I figured out the problem and solved it in IE and for now I'll just deal with accessing this site from there. IE 7 is buggy (what's new) and it doesn't play well with many websites--this being one of them. I ditched & and went back to 6--all is well I can click on links and be "remembered" from page to page. if anyone else is having these issues and you are on IE 7 I suggest at least trying it in the rollback version

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    Amie,

I am an AOL user. Try this and see if this might help you. AOL always has a little extra to add to the mix. Go to this website and try it out.

Click on the HELP tab up top
    Type in the search: Clearing AOL cookies
    Click on: Clear My Footprints for AOL® Explorer
    and follow the directions
    Once finished, log out of AOL
    Restart your computer and log bag into AOL and then log on to TFP.

Good Luck. If you have other questions, please let me know.
    27' round AGP, 2hp 2speed pump & 150sf cartridge filter --taking a stab at BBB and eyeing all the cool gadgets available for pools ;)