How much salt

Hayworth Auqa Trol being installed.24 ft round 52 in deep.How many pounds to be expected to dump in water on start up.Pool guy told me to get 14 bags at 50 pounds a bag.I bought 15 bags.Sounds a little high to me.

At 24' round by 48" deep (I'm assuming the pool height is 54" but the actual water depth will only be 48"), to go from 0 to 3600ppm (avg optimal salt value of most SWGs), you would need 407lbs of pool salt. If you assume the full 4-1/2 ft depth, then the amount of salt needed is 458lbs. You've got about 750lbs there which is a lot more than you need.

Are you sure those are 50lbs bags? Most pool salt is sold in 40lbs bags.

Is your fill water well water or municipal water? Muni water often has a small chloride level to begin with (can be anywhere from 50-200ppm depending on the provider).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.