Biloxi, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I have owned my pool for a year and have never had to adjust PH, is this normal? It always reads 7.5. Im not complaining but I just thought this was something I would need to do on occasion.

What's your fill water chemistry like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Yeah, if you could give us the numbers on your fill water, pool water, and pool type, we could give some thoughts. Personally, I can go from opening to closing, with no adjustment to pH... assuming we don't get a ton of rain that causes me to dump water.

On second thought, it might be well to disclose your pH testing method(s), too...

I'm only just now starting my second season, but all of last Summer I never had any Ph issue once taking over the pool and firing the pool guy. The only time I had to play around with it was in the process of adding borates. It stayed right around 7.5 to 7.6 all summer with no adjustments.

However, like others have asked, the rest of your picture would help them. In my case even my top-off source water has a TA of only 50, and the pool was at 60 most of the Summer. That combined with the buffering of the borates ended up with everything simply settling where I was happy with it.

I have only started trying to get things set to use the pool this year and my own TA down to 50 and Ph still at 7.5, but borates low so I need to figure out that one but am pretty confident it will settle right back down. I got lucky with our source water and feel sorry for those who have to fight against it :)

How quickly your pH rises (or not), depends on a couple things, most notably, the pH of your fill water and then the TA of your water.

The TA buffers how quickly the pH rises. Generally speaking, lower TA numbers in the 50-60 range, although outside of TFP recommendations, work very well at pH buffering in Vinyl pools where worries of CSI isn't a big factor.

It wouldn't suprise me that if you tested your TA, you would find this might be the case.
I would be surprised if your TA is above 70, and have never had to adjust the pH.

I have a vinyl pool IG pool, My TA stays between 50 and 60, and my pH has been steady at about 7.4 - 7.5 for 3 years now. I also have a SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.