Owner / Builder - Sacramento - With Pictures and Prices!

The grass blades probably stick above the concrete by an inch or so. With any weight on the grass they're pretty much level. The only place where it isn't a level transition is for about a foot on either side of the raised fire pit area. I don't foresee any stubbed toes.

Very nice pool and patio cover! I need a patio cover that would be similar dimensions to what you have. Did you purchase it locally or have it shipped? Did you have it installed and would you mind sharing how much it cost?

Kevin

@vanG: I searched on google for awhile and read as many yelp reviews as I could find. I provided them with a sketch of what I had in mind along with a couple pictures of other pools/ideas that I liked. He emailed me a rough draft and I asked for a few changes. When we were pretty close on the design, I skyped him so that I was able to talk to him while viewing his computer screen as he made small adjustments to the plans.

I paid extra for the engineering plans and individual contractor worksheets. You will likely need engineering plans to obtain a building permit. The contractor worksheets broke down the plans to one page for each trade.

@kevin76: It's a Duralum patio cover and is roughly 50'x10' with 2 ceiling fans. I briefly looked into installing the patio cover myself, but the bids I received weren't that much more than what it would have cost me to do it. I'm assuming they could get a much better deal on the material than I was able to, and it was only took two guys two days to install it. I also would have had a tough time getting the engineering plans together for the building permit. The cost was $8395 here in CA.

You did an excellent job! Not only on the pool but on informing the many people who visited this thread.

I live close to your area and I am just gearing up to start my OB pool build. I was hoping you could pass along your "Contracted" subs to me for each stage (If you'd still recommend them). It would very much appreciated.

Again, great job!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Here is a list of the contractors I used. You should be able to find their information online, if not, send me a message and I'll PM you.

Excavation: Mike Wolfe
Plumbing/Electrical: Tim's Pool Service
Steel: Nicholas Holm
Gunite: Triple G Gunite
Tile: Erik Johnson Tile
Concrete: American River Concrete
Plaster: Adam's Pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi there, I'm in the Sacramento area too. Who did your plans and engineering? I cannot find anyone to do them for less than $2000 and nobody is calling me back when I leave a message. The rest of the stuff will be easy for me, I did plumbing and electrical for almost 30 years on pools and have friends and family in concrete, excavation, tile and everything else. I have all the measurements, setbacks.......Your pool came out great! Thanks

I saw you went w/ Pebble Plus, and from Adams. I reside in Livermore, CA, and there's an Adams Pool Solutions in Pleasanton. I wonder if this is the same company. Anyhow, what is Pebble Plus vs. Pebble Sheen? I thought the levels were Pebble Tec, Sheen, Fina, and then one more. Eventually, soon, I will have to resurface and am torn b/w replastering vs. going w/ an aggregrate (pebble or wet edge).

@Napken, if you get a chance can you login to photobucket and allow third party sharing? All of your photos are no longer appearing due to this. I'd love to see your pool and construction photos.

photo bucket has started charging $399 a year for 3rd party sharing. I will get with our IT guy to get these pics stored on the TFP server. Hold on a bit while I get up with him.

Kim:kim:

@bbrock Sorry for the delay. You're correct that Pebble Tec only has the three types. Adams Pool in Sacramento is/was an authorized Pebble Tec installer, although they have their own in-house product that they refer to as "Pebble Plus". They market it as the equivalent of "Pebble Sheen", but glass beads and abalone shells are included in the cost. I don't remember the cost savings for sure, but I want to say it was 500-1000 less. I've been very happy with my finish, everything still looks brand new.

@kimkats Thanks for fixing the photos! Last time I logged onto the site I saw they were no longer viewable without paying big bucks. I was pretty disappointed because I put a lot of time into uploading all of those! lol. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.