Concerned after rain

No plaster. Rescheduled to Friday. They want it to dry out a little more before plaster is applied. We've had lots of rain this year.

They did get the marker tile in:
53b595427e7beb7c10511e3fd706d99f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It would have been better and given you a stronger bottom if they had placed what we refer to is a mud mat. When they reached the bottom depth, place 2-3 inches of concrete and then place the rebar spacers on the mud mat and then tir the rebar.
it looks like they did a good job placing the Gunite from looking at your picture.
Make sure they keep the pipe ends covered to keep mud and debris out of the piping. I HAVE THIS problem because mud, grout, and debris were allowed to get in the sump (main drain) piping during construction.
They SHOULD pressure test the piping before backfilling, it will also benefit you to take pictures of where the piping actually is between the pool and how it runs underground to the pump and filter, also it would be good to make a map / drawing of the piping with measurements from the corner of the house or some other fixed point in the event you have a leak or a piping problem later, you will be happy when you can show someone where your piping actually is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! Congrats!

Our water in Dallas has a tendency to scale, you might have noticed in your shower, coffee maker, etc. Watch your PH, it is going to want to rise, a lot. Make sure it stays at 7.8 or lower. Monitor your CSI score in Poolmath and keep it negative, -0.1 to -0.3. This will be good for your plaster and your SWG if you have one (add sig). Let your PH drop over time through acid additions to around 60 ppm. You will probably need to raise your CH one time, right now, to 250 ppm.

More here on scale, Pool School - Calcium Scaling
More here on CSI, Langelier and Calcite Saturation Indices (LSI and CSI)
More here on adding a sig, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Thank you for the heads up on the scaling. I will keep track. I have a book ready to keep the numbers in. When should I do my first water test? Before startup tomorrow? The kit is intimidating :eek: I bought the TF-100. After the pool is finished (another 3 inches), I'll update my signature with gallons. We didn't go SWG. Please let me know if there is anything missing that would be helpful.

So tomorrow they are coming to start it up and Monday we have pool school.

That kit is a piece o cake! You'll have it down in no time. :)

Let the PB do what they want to do for right now. They are providing the warranty. Ask them for a list of stuff they want you to do during start up. Brush, how often. Add muriatic acid, what PH level. Add chlorine, what FC level. Stabilizer/CYA/cyanuric acid, what level. And anything else they want you to do for a proper start up by their definition.

When they leave test the water and post the results and tell us what they said.

There a videos of the tests as well. It does seem scary but after a while it will be second nature and YOU will be answering questions about it!

That came out SO pretty! Remember the water may look a little green until it is all balanced. That is normal.

Kim:cat:

That kit is a piece o cake! You'll have it down in no time. :)

Let the PB do what they want to do for right now. They are providing the warranty. Ask them for a list of stuff they want you to do during start up. Brush, how often. Add muriatic acid, what PH level. Add chlorine, what FC level. Stabilizer/CYA/cyanuric acid, what level. And anything else they want you to do for a proper start up by their definition.

When they leave test the water and post the results and tell us what they said.
Ok. I will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Finally able to post on the internet. They started the pool while I was at work.

I received an email with the following readings:
Primary Readings
Free Chlorine0.1
pH **6.8
Total Alkalinity **40
Cyanuric Acid50

When I got home, I also tested the water and got these readings (hope I did it right):
FC - 2
CC - 1
TC - 3
TA - 40
PH - 6.8
Chlorine - 2 (but the color could have been either 2 or 3)
I don't think I got the CYA test to work. The dot never disappeared.

Came home to beautiful water though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.