New swamp (hopefully pool again) owner

Definitely high on my list of options. Possibly a hack saw to try and cut a slot for a flat blade screwdriver. Possibly something to help me be a bit less buoyant, luckily all I need to do is stand up and my head is out of the water.

Hard part is it is only a small bit of the screw sticking up and it is only a tiny part of the screw is up. I have only had mixed results with nippers when they are like that.

Worst case it makes a good excuse to go get scuba trained. Wouldn't have done it in Omaha, but here, driving distance from the ocean and gulf, might not be a bad thing to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Well as it turned out it was crumbled a good 3/8 of an inch below the surface so I was able to just bust it up enough that I could at least get a screw into it a bit and with the screw seated all the way down on the other side I was able to get the cover set in place. It still wiggles a little but not too much so that should work for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
f2d0fbd2809dcde591d37b0306070f9f.jpg

Had some frogs thinking that the pool would be a good place to spread some eggs around but have been kinda busy this last week so haven't had much time to mess with the pool much. Somebody dropped a bucket with 4 10 day (approximately) old kittens on a local vets doorstep and they put out a call for bottle feeding foster parents and we accepted since we had done that for our oldest cat. Thought we were going to loose one Saturday night, but a local emergency vet clinic got him going on antibiotics and taught me how to tube feed a kitten and I am glad to say that little Lazarus is still with us along with Lance, Gracin and sister Georgia.
We are hoping to be able to hop in on Friday with temps getting up near 90, and we can use a break :)

Oh man :( SO glad you are giving them a chance..............will you be able to find them homes or are they already home?? My shelter will call us to come get a older cats to "foster" and get going again.......they never leave until the go over the Rainbow Bridge.

HUGS for doing this!

Kim

Hard part is we have two big dogs and three cats already so trying to add four more to the mix permanently isn't feasible at this point. I won't deny it is gonna be hard letting them go too, but practicality says we will have to.

While I admit pool wise I haven't been able to test as diligently as I should, I had a decent track record for how much chlorine I was needing so I have kept up on adding in and then when I could test every few days I make as needed adjustments. I will make a point to work on straightening it back out today though.

That is the wonderful things about logs and doing it so much you can tell what it needs most days. Do what you can do each day.

I hear you on giving them up. At least you will get to enjoy the and make sure they are started right. They are going to be some of the most people loving cats with the bottle feeding and bonding. Make sure they stay together as long as you can for them to learn to be cats.

Kim

Well since it was a year ago that the kittens came into our life I figured I should give an update on them. It was really touch and go right around Easter. 3 of the 4 needed tube fed a few times, not the most pleasant thing to do FYI. After getting them over this hump we were able to get them through to eating canned food, and then one night we found one of them had broken their leg, guessing tried to jump and missed. Had to have the little guy in a cast for a couple months. Ultimately the girl and the boy with the broken leg (Georgia and Gracin) stayed with us and the other two Lazarus (he was almost dead when I learned how to tube feed him, he earned his name)and and Lance (now Romeo) found a forever home together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What a wonderful follow up! Poor thing with the big 'o cast :( I bet he did need a hug! I also bet it did not slow him down one bit! LOL

Very glad you were able to find homes for two AND got to keep two! Win-win! :cat:

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.