What else do you do for fun? Pics of the toys you have

Wow, some interesting hobbyists here. Love the bike collection (and dog story), the awesome machine shop and boat.

I enjoy drowning bait off our pier, but it's probably time I buy a proper fishing boat. I once owned a 18' center console, but it lacked an enclosed head for the ladies.

Anyone have suggestions for a good fishing boat for the coastal Chesapeake Bay?

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Be careful of buying a boat. Most of us that own one will readily admit that it's just a hole in the water you throw money into. My wife was very explicit that I could get a boat but it had to have a bathroom. I was really happy to make that concession and ended up with a '80 30' ChrisCraft with a flybridge. Twin 350 chevs so if something happened one could always get me back. I liked the chevs because they were easy for me to work on.

LOL

I've owned four sailboats, a hydroplane and a center console powerboat thus far. You think I'd have learned by now.

I just need a fishing/crabbing boat with an enclosed head. No cruising or overnighting, just for drowning bait. I'm open to suggestions...

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

Before this pool project began, all of my "toys" revolved around sewing. I didn't grow up knowing how to sew, but decided I wanted to learn after I got married. Somehow, I have managed to collect (from Craigslist, mostly) way more sewing machines than I need or even have time to use anymore! I still enjoy sewing, but it's harder to find the time with everything I have going on. Mostly nowadays I sew for gifts, or for the needs of my church.

I enjoy quilting, hand smocking clothes for my children, making various gifts for friends, and sewing needed things around the house. Below are a few random things I've made that I happened to have pictures of on the iPad and could easily upload.

My supplies have been packed away for about 10yrs, but I'm getting them out, organizing them and setting up my art room.
I was an art major in HS. I had planned to pursue a degree in fine arts but life happened. I plan to resume my hobby soon.
Some of these are unfinished.

WOW Denise! You are talented! I sure hope you will be able to find the time to resume your hobby again... Your art is beautiful!

Our new bike but I can't tell you her name (rhymes with witch). Yea, we got a new one after Hubby's devastating accident in 2013.
She's a 2008 Harley Night Train.
FB_IMG_1455066997852.jpg

My passion... I live for October and November!
FB_IMG_1455067205030.jpg

FB_IMG_1455067158391.jpg

FB_IMG_1455067348869.jpg

20 yard shot.
FB_IMG_1455067319055.jpg

My ground blind for rainy days. No excuse not to be out!
FB_IMG_1455067290319.jpg

I hunt alone. Its the way I prefer it unless I'm rifle hunting but I am a bow hunter. I Leave at dark n I won't come home til dark. I shot my buck after working a 12 hour shift and being in the stand from 7am til 6:45pm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I have always had a passion for coffee (it started in my grad school days...late nights in the lab, etc, etc). So now I have procured my 4-lb roasting drum from RKDrums.com and I plan to setup my BBQ coffee roaster using my gas grille. I have 8-lbs of green coffee beans (various different locations around the world) from Sweet Marias and I'll see what I can produce....or I might just start a huge coffee bean fire ;)

Matt

Casey, that's a cool photo of you're shadow when you're up in the tree! Fun hobby!

I love it! Thanks. I always make sure the pool is done n covered by mid September because if I wait til October, it cuts into my time in the woods. Hubby hates archery season because he knows I am working, eating, sleeping and hunting. He's pretty much left to fend for himself. :mrgreen:

We have a lot of toys, but the favorite are our Pungo 140 kayaks. The peace of Florida fresh spring creeks is addicting. The monkey is a descendent of the monkeys they brought to film Tarzan movies at Silver River in the late 40's 50's. When they stopped making the movies they just left them there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 100
Casey is that what passes for a deer stand up north? Down here it seems most are evolving into 8x8 cabins in the trees with everything but running water, or at a minimum 6x6 tents in the trees.

Mine is a Summit Viper SS Climber that I carry in on my back. I also have my back pack on it too. It weighs around 20lbs, not including my gear. There are also ladder stands and hang on stands with climbing sticks. I like the climber because I can move to another tree if I want. We can also use ground blinds. If hunting public land, all stands have to be tagged with owner information. If private, we would need permission if we wanted to build something. I'd rather be out in the open 20ft in a tree. Thats hunting. I'm not looking for luxury. Like my butt n legs hurt from being in a tree for 12 hours. And I do spend that much time in my stand. I don't get down to go to the bathroom either. I do it from 20ft. LOL

Ah, around here the majority of deer hunting is on hunting leases with limited number of members on timber land (there are waiting lists to join these leases, and often it is about who you know that is already on the lease when an opening comes up). Until about 25-30 years ago the majority of the timber land was open to anyone to hunt on, then the timber companies realized people will pay lots of money to hunt on their land (I suspect liability laws had something to do with it too), the timber is all pine on a 25-30 year crop rotation, usually thinned out at 10-15 years after planting, so the lease members often erect fairly substantial stands, clear sight lines with tractors, etc. It is not uncommon for a single hunter to have 5 or 6 prepostioned stands on a given thousand plus acre lease, they even built substantial camp sites with permanent buildings on the lease land. I am thankful that I don't have to worry about all that, and don't have to worry about some idiot in the woods with a gun on the public land options either. Instead I have the family cattle ranch, which is just under 400 acres, about 40 acres wooded along a creek that runs through the middle and with timber land on most of 3 sides. It may not have as many deer as some of the more remote wooded timber land areas, but only a handful of people are allowed to hunt on it so it works out, and I am not that serious of hunter anyway, unlike some people.

Ike

Well I cut back a lot of my hobb ies. I ended up getting diagnosed with stage 3 small cell carcinoma. Last year. It is in my sinuses and Lymph nodes. So haven't been well enough to do much. But we have saltwater fish tanks. Our 300gal mixed reef
1380f655eb809eac1b2feec258778737.jpg
our 120 gallon softie tank actually it is for sale.
dc5b9963c00a8c827f409caa45e1d0d1.jpg
wife's 65 gallon rimless reef
a7c444e6edd3fad605850b5c3a2eaf8d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.