Pool Build in Costa Blanca Spain.

What pretty pool!

I am not sure I understand what you did as it I have not seen it before. It looks like you had gunite, then put the large red tiles over it with grout THEN put blue tile (?) over that?? Why the red tile? I would love to see close up of the blue (love the color!).

Winter fuel - Our dog and cats love to sleep with us so thought you talking about the cute dog being a foot warmer LOL until I looked behind him!

Will you allow your airbnb guests use the pool while they are there?

Kim:kim:

The tiles are Vidrepur glass mosaic tiles. There is a US web portal.

They come on 315 x 315mm sheets with a backing and protective front paper. The tiles are fixed to the wall with the protective paper in place. They are easy to fix and are cut using a trowel through the backing, individual tiles have to be cut for finishing. After drying for a day on the walls the front paper is then wetted and removed to reveal the tiles, its then grouted in and finished. I have non slip white fluorescent edging on my roman steps for safety. Very fast to lay, the bulk of the work was done in 4 hours the finishing took most of the second day though with a four man team.
]
This shows the paper being removed after soaking with water.

Close ups.

Jets and equipment being completed today and start filling tomorrow!

What pretty pool!

I am not sure I understand what you did as it I have not seen it before. It looks like you had gunite, then put the large red tiles over it with grout THEN put blue tile (?) over that?? Why the red tile? I would love to see close up of the blue (love the color!).

Winter fuel - Our dog and cats love to sleep with us so thought you talking about the cute dog being a foot warmer LOL until I looked behind him!

Will you allow your airbnb guests use the pool while they are there?

Thanks Kim!

Yes our guests will have access to the pool, we will be renting to hikers over the winter (mountain hiking is my wifes passion) and the usual summer lets in the season. We have a self contained 2 double bedroom apartment with its own entrance lounge, kitchen and bathroom. We will go live in a few weeks.

That is SO pretty! Thanks for the extra pictures! I really like the edging on the steps. It does make them stand out which could be a good thing after a few adult drinks after hiking all day!

Goodluck with your airbnb. Hope you don't have any nightmares stories to share when you do it :shock: I am betting since you live above it will not be a problem.

In your first picture from your most recent post, the green house next door looks like it has a pool also? Si?

Will have any trouble obtaining pool supplies there?

Yes both neighboring villas have pools. We are actually the last villa (bar one) on our urbanization (about 30 villas) to have a pool! I never put one in before as I was hardly ever here and didn't rent it out. The villa was built in 83, I've owned it since 2003. In our location a pool is essential for either sales or rentals as everyone coming here for vacation or to live expect to have one.

Supplies wont be a problem but getting a decent test kit is.
Pool is a SW pool with a variable speed pump, I'll go through the equipment spec in a later post.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I forgot to post these pics of the pool tile sheets

This is the side to stick to the wall

and this is the side with the paper protective layer that is soaked and removed once the tile adhesive has cured a day after fixing.

I am happy with the finished product.

Pool was filled yesterday the meter indicated 64.37m3 = 17005 US gallons or 14159 UK ones.

The level was perfect all the way around the pool as it filled up, ie the tile grout line matched all the way round the pool as it filled. I watched as the skimmers filled for the first time (how sad is that!). No leaks or other issues. I filled to the overflow line as I am aware some water will be dumped during commissioning.

Awaiting pool contractor to commission pump (Viron Evo P320) and SW generator system today.

LOVE it all!

Is that a foolball in the doggies mouth? Seems very interested in the pool and water! Do you think they will get in when it is full?

I see you already have the loungers and grills by the pool. NICE!

I watched my skimmer and pump/filter fill with water also! It is neat to see when you have waited for that finial bit of water.

Do you have access to a good test kit? You are going to need one to keep all of the pretty grout clean. We favor the TF-100 as it is the best bang for the buck. There is a link in my siggy for where to buy it. The next best one is the Taylor 2006C (NOT 2005 as it is missing a couple of tests).

Up and running but work still in progress

The pool is now up and running and I have had my first swim.

200Kg of salt arrived together with the activated glass for the filter.
I feel I may have been slightly undersold on the quantity of salt by the contractor but he assured me it was enough (well he would wouldn’t he?). My understanding is 4-6 KG per m3 I am at 64m3 water so I reckon it should have been 240kg minimum. Anyway we will see in due course.

The equipment room is spacious and the gear looks a bit lost in the corner!

I am planning to run the Viron Evo P320 at the lowest rpm possible over long periods. At the moment we are at 800rpm which is enough to keep the SWG happy but I will program in times for the SWG to be on and off and vary the pump speed programme as I get used to the system.

I am recording my readings daily, at the moment I have the SWG set to 65% as the pool is cold (19C) and only I am brave enough to go in – albeit for very short periods of time..

This morning I had 0.4 FC and 7.6PH
But the water is sparkling and clear – I know I need to get the FC up.

Next job is to sort out the seating area and plants etc, we have made a start though.

If you look closely you will note Leeloo has found her spot and approves...

I have delayed installation of the solar heating until next spring, the piping is pre installed but I need to delay the cost. I am considering fitting myself as the solar contractors pricing is eye wateringly high.

Work in progress.

Looking good! DIY install of the solar panels is fairly easy. I did mine in 2012 and they are a huge benefit to keeping the water warm. Pics in my signature.

Thanks for the positive comments. Re the floor - the external walls were built on the existing terracing walls which were built with a pool in mind for the future. The side walls had foundations poured in. This pic may show it more clearly.

Seems to be holding up so far.....:swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.