Please look at my plaster and tell me what you think

Hi Becky, My PB will not even respond to messages or emails. I am only talking to the plaster co. At least your PB told you the truth, that is was poorly done. If we ever get a resolution to our problem I will let you know, and I will keep watching your thread and hoping they get it right for you. I feel your pain.

Well, the saga continues! The second attempt to apply the plaster over the top of the first plaster job failed. It developed significant cracks in the sides before it was even 1/4 of the way full. So...now they are going to chip out both layers of plaster (i.e. down to the gunite) and basically "start over." Let's hope that the "3rd time is a charm."

Hi Becky, I have been wondering how it went for you. Are they going to redo the whole pool or just parts?? I sure hope the 3rd time is a charm!! Have my fingers crossed and hope it works out for you. I am still waiting to hear from my plaster co.
Please keep in touch.

Thanks Paulette! Will do. Persistence is the key and, for me, a hubby who is in the construction industry and demands quality from those that are paid to do the work.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim,

The same plaster company will be doing the work. I guess the Pool Builder "owns" their own plaster company and so that is who they use. But we have now had the Head Boss of the plaster company come by and he is confident they can get it right... Fingers crossed!

Becky

Thanks Kim! They are here again today working on chipping out all of the plaster. Wow! Looks like a tough and long undertaking! I don't envy them! I wonder how they are supposed to deal with the pock marks/divets they are making in the gunite? Is that something I could start a new thread about?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay, so the entire pool has now been chipped out all the way down to the gunite. It looks like the surface of the moon! Divets and holes everywhere!

So, my next question is do they now go in and do some sort of a coating of plain cement to fill in all of those holes and make it relatively smooth? And then apply the finish coat of the pebble plaster? image.jpg

SUCCESS!!! (Original Post: Re: Please look at my plaster and tell me what you think)

Sorry I am just now updating this!

For the final application of plaster, we ended up changing the color of the plaster that we chose. We had originally picked CL Industries CrystalStone Smooth in "Caribbean Blue", but after having disappointing results with it twice, we asked our pool builder if there were certain colors that they typically had the most success with. They gave us a couple of options, and we ended up picking the same finish (CL Industries CrystalStone Smooth) but in "Tropical Isle." They completed it about 2 weeks ago and it looks AMAZING!!! We are so happy with it and so glad to finally have a finished product that we can be proud of! I am extremely thankful that our pool builder stuck with us through all of the bumps in the road until we were satisfied! Can't say enough about how great they were about it! (Puryear Pools, Fort Worth, TX) They were not thrilled that these things happened, but they did not try to stonewall us or ignore us.

Following are some pictures of the completed pool. (Let me know if the link to the pictures doesn't work and I will try again.) Next on the list is landscaping and patio furniture!
Pool Pics Tropical Isle

Disclaimer: Not authorized to give advice.

That looks just like the bad job I was stuck with. I panicked. They did an acid bath and its 100% perfect. Im not sure if it will help. I think that required about 8 gallons of Acid then another 4 a few days later. We did 10 days.

I heard on this website that they don't work. Trust me they do. I was amazed. Happy with mine now.

Re: SUCCESS!!! (Original Post: Re: Please look at my plaster and tell me what you thi

Sorry I am just now updating this!

For the final application of plaster, we ended up changing the color of the plaster that we chose. We had originally picked CL Industries CrystalStone Smooth in "Caribbean Blue", but after having disappointing results with it twice, we asked our pool builder if there were certain colors that they typically had the most success with. They gave us a couple of options, and we ended up picking the same finish (CL Industries CrystalStone Smooth) but in "Tropical Isle." They completed it about 2 weeks ago and it looks AMAZING!!! We are so happy with it and so glad to finally have a finished product that we can be proud of! I am extremely thankful that our pool builder stuck with us through all of the bumps in the road until we were satisfied! Can't say enough about how great they were about it! (Puryear Pools, Fort Worth, TX) They were not thrilled that these things happened, but they did not try to stonewall us or ignore us.

Following are some pictures of the completed pool. (Let me know if the link to the pictures doesn't work and I will try again.) Next on the list is landscaping and patio furniture!
Pool Pics Tropical Isle

So glad I found your post! Pool looks awesome and the water color is amazing. We just contracted with Puryear and went with Tropical Isle smooth as well! My wife was wanting to switch to Caribbran Blue but your post made her change her mind lol! Glad to know Puryear stuck with you and made everything right!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.