Fix your Aqualuminator once and for all!!! (use at own risk)

Has anyone attempted this led conversion recently? I ordered mine and i'm trying to convert it before I install initially. I baked mine for the 20 min at 250 and it wouldn't budge. Kicked it up to 300 for another 20 and still nothing. I'm wondering if they have since switched the glue/adhesive on the bulbs?

I did that conversion in may. The house we moved in last year had an outdoor pool equipped with an Aqualuminator system. The bulb was burned out and the power supply was shot. I replaced the power supply with a 40$ 120w-12w converter I bought at Canadian Tire. This new converter is not meant to be used outdoor like the original Aquluminator (which was buried underground), but is now installed inside our backyard shed linked to a breaker system.

The bulb replacement went as described in the original post. I baked the assembly for 20 mins and mine too wouldn't budge at first. I put it in the oven for another 15 minutes and was finally able to twist the lid off (wasn't easy). The wires in my assembly were really short and broke during the replacement. I had to buy new ones and replace them by drilling holes in the hardened glue that filed the tube. I only installed a simple white MR16 LED. I resealed the lid on with epoxy glue. Everything is working just fine now!

This is pool has been installed in 2010 so it would not have been affected by a recent glue change in the bulbs. Did you manage to open it? I'm pretty sure that no matter the glue this is something that can be done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.