new polaris booster pump or robot?

Sep 23, 2015
Austin
Hi Guys, the title says it all really. The booster pump motor (ao smith 3/4 hp motor) has stopped working. We thought it was probably the bearings but after trying to repair it, the screws sheared off and we were unable to remove them where they had rusted into the casing.

$200ish for a new motor. Or sell the perfectly good polaris 280 head and hosing (?$200) and buy a robot? Maybe a nautilus dolphin? Thoughts?

I junked my Letro Legend 2 and bought a Polaris 9550. I like it alot. The LA2 never cleaned the entire pool and lost suction after 3 years. I replaced several key parts on it before giving up. The robot does an excellent job and I hope it will last at least 5 years. I bought this model because of the large size of the debris box, I get a lot of leaves. The 9550 has been flawless. Doesn't turtle or get stuck on drains or tangle the cord like some have reported.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.