Vinyl vs Concrete (plaster)

Jan 9, 2016
Rehobeth AL
Vinyl liner pool vs a plaster over concrete pool, your thoughts? (16x32 in ground) The vinyl liner pool is about 10k cheaper. I plan on living in the house for about 10 years then moving on.

Is it worth the extra money or is it a preference thing?

pool.jpg

This pool looks exactly like mine. We have estimated the volume of our pool at 20,000 gallons (it was already installed when we bought the house) using various calculators. Our shallow end is 3' and our deep end is 8' and the width measurements are 18' and 14' and 15'. What are your depths and widths? I would like to compare measurements to compare volume.

Vinyl liner pool vs a plaster over concrete pool, your thoughts? (16x32 in ground) The vinyl liner pool is about 10k cheaper. I plan on living in the house for about 10 years then moving on.

Is it worth the extra money or is it a preference thing?

View attachment 44592

I did a LOT of research for a possible new build earlier this year.

When comparing Plaster, Fiberglass & Vinyl I chose vinyl...less cost..a little less maintenance chemically.

I'd do vinyl if it were me.

As it turned out the house I eventually bought already had a vinyl lined pool, though it did need a new liner.
The old liner lasted 23 years!

You can get 10-15 years out of a modern liner if taken care of properly, which is about as long
as you can expect from plaster before a refinish is needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.