shop says I should just replace Pentair VS motor

ryker

Gold Supporter
May 2, 2014
Inverness Fl
I have a 2 year old Pentair VS Intellipro pump. Several days now, as the motor warms up over time, it starts making the noise. Having replaced many parts on my cars and generators, I am convinced, that the sound it produces is the front bearing heating up, and going out. Even at 2 years old.

I went to a local pump repair shop, they say since it's a Pentair VS, they recommend just getting a new motor, and they would swap it out for me. They, in their opinion, don't like to try to tear into a VS motor and repair it. One of the reasons given, along with others, is the circuit board for the VS. Just swap it out.

Need opinions on what the right course is. Thanks a million.

I'd have real issues with any motor shop uncomfortable with opening up a motor, unless they know there are manufacturing flaws/issues with the product. IOW, they fix a bearing and 2 weeks later the board goes out and you want it fixed under their warranty.... their loss, though not the original problem.... speaking of.....

WARRANTIES: doesn't the IntelliPro pump have a 3 year warranty?

ewkearns

thanks for the reply, yes your right about the warranty

get this, I talked to Pentair about the pump the other day even telling them the age, nothing was even said about the 3 yr

I send a email to my pool builder like here, asking their opinion, I immediately got a reply back about the 3 yr warrn. and they are going to be in the process of getting the company with the warranty people out to take care of it. great

thanks for the reply

Good deal you found out about the warranty and the builder is doing the leg work getting it swapped out.
I hate to say it but I guess it was a good thing the re-builder wanted to try and sell you a new motor rather than repair yours.
I don't think I'd bring any business to that shop in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.