new pool advice.

roryl

Nov 11, 2015
Jacksonville
I really need someone to point me in the right direction as to what I should insist on in my new pool. I think the pool builder I have decided on emphasizes quality - he uses all Pentair equipment - but I was wondering what I should insist on for the number of returns, drains, pipe sizes etc. In his proposal he specs that all plumbing shall be 2 inches or greater. I plan on requesting that all elbows be sweep elbows. He specs 5500 psi shotcrete with number 3 rebar 12 inches on center. how thick should the walls and sides be? is there anything I should request in regards to the plumbing? Number of valves, location of valves? my pool is also going to include a 7 X 7 spa as well as automation and a waterfall feature. How should all this tie into automation. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HI! We are so glad you found us! We LOVE to watch builds.

For right now why don't you post your pool's specs as you know them right now. We can go from there with your list of questions. A pic of the area you are putting the pool will be very helpful as well (we LOVE pics!).

Are you in FL?

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.