New Build- Port St Lucie Florida

If it's the same tile guy that we have (we have the same PB), he does a really good job, so you should be OK. :)

HR- I think he is the only tile guy and yes I liked him very much but I cannot for the life of me remember his name. How long before you are done?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't need to water my Gunite after they sprayed it- Mother Nature did that just fine. Poured for a week after it was sprayed but I have heard it helps in the cure to water daily.

Hi Neighbor

I'm a Florida girl. Did the PB tell you to water the gunite? They are shooting mine this morning. Are you going with pavers and what is your tile choice i love it.

- - - Updated - - -

No pavers for us- We are using Kooldeck. Also cant remember the name of the tile but you should be able to find it because it is offered by a company called Artistry in Mosaics. Thanks and good luck with your project.

Hi Neighbor

I'm a Florida girl. Did the PB tell you to water the gunite? They are shooting mine this morning. Are you going with pavers and what is your tile choice i love it.

Woohoo- I just got home and BAM- I have the beginnings of our patio. Here are some pictures. I am particularly interested in what people think about the photo I have labeled transition problem. Sould I go with a tile there or hope the Kooldeck provides some depth and looks finished. One way or the other I will finish but I was wondering if others had the same issue and how they worked through. Enough of the blab- Here are some pics.

Transition problem!

Table

Table 2

Deck

Deck

Deck

FInal Deck!-

Thanks KimKats. I have a call in to discuss with builder and I may even be a little premature because I showed him what I wanted and he knows so I am sure it will get done but I can't have that on my shiny new pool. Other than that I am happy with the deck. There are a few spots they will have to touch up but I am assuming this is par for the course. Looks fantastic to me and I am just glad the dog will not be tracking in so much dirt now!

I DO see what you are talking about. I do not know how it can be fixed but it needs something.

I would talk to my PB and see what he says OR ask the kooldeck people if they have a plan to "finish" it.

Kim

His name is Keith. We should be done some time middle to late November. We were not told to spray our pool with water after the gunite either, and were out of town for a couple days when it was done, so don't know if we had rain or not. Hope it's not an issue down the road….

Yes. His name is Keith. Super nice guy. I hired his Son, Dennis to contract to take out my knee wall on the patio so it would open things up. He did a really good job. I love my PB but seems like things somethimes move a little slower than I would like. I am a little impatient to get it done because I have financed a portion of this through Lyon Financial and their contract has a date it needs to be done by. If it is not done by then- I have to re- apply for financing and while I do not forsee any problems- it would be another hard pull on my credit.

His name is Keith. We should be done some time middle to late November. We were not told to spray our pool with water after the gunite either, and were out of town for a couple days when it was done, so don't know if we had rain or not. Hope it's not an issue down the road….

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes. His name is Keith. Super nice guy. I hired his Son, Dennis to contract to take out my knee wall on the patio so it would open things up. He did a really good job. I love my PB but seems like things somethimes move a little slower than I would like. I am a little impatient to get it done because I have financed a portion of this through Lyon Financial and their contract has a date it needs to be done by. If it is not done by then- I have to re- apply for financing and while I do not forsee any problems- it would be another hard pull on my credit.

I read in another thread that someone used Lyon Financial and told the PB that the pool HAD to be done by Lyon's cut off date because they WOULD NOT be reapplying. PB got it done on time!! Guess he wanted to get paid! Lol!!

Dreynolds- We an see the light at the end of the tunnel and I think it might not actually be a train. They topped the deck today and hoping to get this thing done in the next few weeks. I am going to post pics of the deck. Please let me know what you think.

How are thing going? Just got my finish done yesterday. And my pool seemed to take forever. We had so much rain right before the dig. But I must say my PB really got things moving the last couple of weeks. I wish you good luck!

Ok- We are close now. The pb topped the deck today and we are very happy with the product. Hoping we can get it done in the next couple of weeks. All that is left is the screen, equipment hookup and interior of the pool including the gemcoat and table top. Here are a few pictures of the deck. So exciting for us.

We were concerned about the transition but they knew exactly what they were doing. Please- do not confuse my concern about the time it is taking with the quality of the product. I am very happy with their work.

Our dog Riley stepped on the wet stuff last night so we decided to leave it as her mark of approval. The builder asked if we had her push her paw down but not the case. She just did it and we found it quite cute.

Picture looking out from the current patio to the pool deck.

Does this patio make me look fat?

Wish we could swim in this pool today.

There is another coat going on of the deck paint after the screen goes in- but I think it looks pretty darned good now too.

That is a WORK OF ART! That transition is wonderful! Such worry for nothing! That will teach us to worry before they are done!

Okay I want to know how Riley got her foot print THERE pointing in that direction without adding more prints??? It IS very cute!

Kim

Kim,

There were a few others but we had them fix all but one. We love her so much. She left her mark and it will be there for a long time.

That is a WORK OF ART! That transition is wonderful! Such worry for nothing! That will teach us to worry before they are done!

Okay I want to know how Riley got her foot print THERE pointing in that direction without adding more prints??? It IS very cute!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.