Liquid chlorine/bleach deals

May 20, 2015
Tampa
Saw that the 'best places to buy chlorine' thread was closed, wasn't sure why. I've typically just done the 2.5 gallon refill at Leslie's, or bought bleach at Walmart. However, recently I was at Home Depot and saw they do 6 packs of 5.25% generic bleach gallons for 7.99. Despite being less potent, this is still the best deal I can find. Seems to work like any other chlorine after weeks of use and testing (of course adjusting for the lower %). This has dropped my chlorine bill a good chunk so though I'd share! I'm in Tampa, FL.

My local Lowes stores their liquid chlorine outside in the sun. Not only do I not want weaker 5% bleach, but degraded bleach is even a worse bargain IMO.

Stick to the stores with large turn over to get the freshest bleach. 8.25% is the standard now, so weaker stuff makes me wonder even more about its quality.

I noticed the closed thread just now and wondered why as well. I was going to reply that the info posted for Indiana also goes for Ohio, since both Rural King and Menard's have stores in Ohio with the same deals:

Rural King stores: $9.99 for 4 gallons of 10%. Frequently on sale for $7.99 and even $6.99 around Memorial Day. 19.5 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $9.99. 15.6 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $7.99. 13.7 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite at $6.99.

Menards: $3.99 for one gallon of 12%. 26 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite. On sale around Memorial Day as BOGO making it 13 cents per ounce of sodium hypochlorite.

In fact, right now Rural King has the 4-pack of 10% for $7.99. It looks like they do have a few stores in FL, though I have no idea how close they are to you folks. If they go back up to regular price, it looks pretty close to Home Depot's price.

I stocked up at the start of the season when it was $6.99, but only have one gallon left now. I'm going to stop in to pick up a few more in hopes that we get to use the pool once or twice more before closing. :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.