Pool Remodel in Jacksonville, FL

Beadcrete Majestic. Took the guys 5 hours today. I think final acid wash and start of pool fill tomorrow.

image_zpsunnw4zea.jpeg

image_zpskzfjl5ib.jpeg

SWEET! You did it!!!

Now for the "watch" list...

-Do you have your test kit yet? If not look in my siggy where to buy one. This is a must have to maintain your own pool after the PB turns your loose

-Do you have your brush yet? You are going to need to do quite a bit of brushing. I have a link for you BUT know what your PB says goes as he hold the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

-Wrap a wash cloth or such around the end of your hose to keep the metal from messing up your new plaster. The hose should only be right by the main drain. If you have it where it flows down the plaster it could cause streaking.

HUGS! You did it!

Kim

We had some problems with the grout. So they filled pool and quickly drained again. Here is a bit of a sneak peak. I will post a full series of shots when it is finally finished probably next week. I do like the color combination but the water color was a bit darker than I expected especially in the deep end.

IMG_5333_zpsxvikfddh.jpg

Keep in mind that all pools look darker this time of year due to the low sun angle and the shadows it casts from the pool walls.

Can i just say that that tile and the finish you chose is just gorgeous! I really love it!!!

May I ask what is wrong with the grout?

In some areas. the pewter grout color got blasted off with the acid wash. They had to drain the pool and fix those areas. One color LED light is also on the fritz. They are still trying to figure that out. I will post a couple of pics when everything is totally finished about along with final budget numbers as that was especially helpful to me when planning the project.

Now refilling....

IMG_5339_zpsmjjjeraa.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First off, gorgeous pool and backyard setting. Those big palm trees are awesome. I saw a fire hydrant in an earlier picture. Is that so your dog knows where to go?

Your steps look fantastic with the tile and beadcrete combination. That picture is an optical illusion. You can easily look at it and think that the tile is there the steps end as well as how it really is.

OK gang wrapping this post up.
Got busy after the remodel and sort of left things hanging here.
About one year out from the remodel.
Apologizes to all the late PM questions responses.
Here is a rundown of the common questions and hopefully this can provide a reference to others considering similar choices.

1. What color of BeadCrete did you use?
Majestic. This was from a PebbleTech authorized installer.
Not as common of a selection because I think people are a bit worried about it reading too dark.
If u are in the SE and SW with lots of sun, it is really a great unique choice.
Here is a representative photo of what the average color looks like:
after-overview_zpspj9sm0vv.jpg

2. Is the BeadCrete worth it? Does it really sparkle?
It is pricey so some of that depends on the budget. No durability issues after one year of use.
If I had to pick between an upgraded pool finish and better accent tile, I think glass accent tile (see below) gives more impact.
The sparkle effect is most pronounced in the deeper areas and needs high intensity overhead sun but it is quite dramatic in person:
after-beadecrete%20sparkle%202_zpszbwpd5ix.jpg

3. Is the Lightstream Blue Steel tile worth it?
YES. It is also quite pricey but with sun and the polarized nature of the glass, it looks awesome.
When ordering please note the difference between square and linear feet.
I ended up with too much tile because that was not made clear (PM if in NW FL and need some as I have quite a bit left over)
Also realize the tile only lights up with sun and at certain angles; here are a couple of examples:

Sun but slightly off angle so tile is mainly blue; the BeadCrete shimmer effect here is prominent here.
after-side%20no%20direct%20sun_zpspeswzdww.jpg

Sun at different angles and different times of the day; very dramatic glow...
after-side%20direct%20sun%201_zps40hqpqzl.jpg

after-side%20direct%20sun%202_zpsmqvg5kon.jpg

4. Did you ever get the pool lights to work?
Yes. Recently, however, they finally bit the dust.
These are Hayward ColorLogic 2.0 lights so an older model.
These had previously been replaced under warranty before.
There seems to be reliability issues with this lighting system.
I may not purchase again.

5. Are the tile pool steps slippery?
No. I talked to Lightstream about this and they have a subtle grain that gives enough traction especially after grouted.
after-stairs%20direct%20sun_zpsqb3tsbby.jpg

Thanks for all the interest and I wish all a successful remodel to all.
Sayonara...
after-final%20signout_zpsxiwlnapk.jpg

Thanks for the great follow-up pics and commentary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.