Pool Party

Jul 27, 2015
Ceres Ca
I'm having a pool party this weekend I wanted to know if I need to make any changes on the run time of my equipment I run it on a daily schedule from 7a.m to 1p.m
My readings are as follows
FAC 5
TAC 5
SALT 2900
CH 200
CYA 50
TA 120
PH 7.6
PHOSHATES 400
Any feedback will be appreciated..thanks

Just a few concerns that caught my eye:
- Where did those test results come from? The TF-100 and Taylor K-2006 don't test for phosphates. Are those pool store readings?
- For a SWG pool, your CYA is low and should be increased to at least 70
- Beware of your CH. It appears to be low for a SWG/plaster pool (min 300)
None of those items effect your pool party itself, but are something you should be aware of down the road. You may also want to consider raising your FC level by 2-3 ppm before guests arrive and check afterwards to see if the swimmers load put too much stress on your FC. Have a great weekend!

Collectively, we have found that pool store test results are VERY inaccurate. So, it is not helpful to try to advise you, using what are likely numbers that are not truly representative of your pool.

You must take total control of your pool, including testing.

Yes you can....it's just much easier, quicker, no fumbling with settings and more accurate doing a one shot bleach dump. I'd add a gallon and a half and be through.

An added plus to Woodyp's suggestion is it limits the wear and tear on the SWG (which have a finite amount of hours run in them before they go kaput) and using bleach is instant rise instead of a slow steady rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.