Help I cant get my water right this year

Aug 26, 2015
Holyoke
I have an 18X52 intex pool. It is our 4th season using it. This year I cant seem to clear it up. :confused:Last week it got so green you could not see your hand.I tried a mix of chemicals. I finally got frustrated and dumped the entire pool, bleached and scrubbed the liner and filter parts. I refilled it....but still has a green tint. I got the pool tested and of course they tried to sell me a storeful of product. May I use your experience and expertise to tell me what I really should add to my water. I live in MA and only a few more weeks left of pool season. I want to close it with clear water in a few weeks. this is the printout I receivedPool.jpg:

Total Chlorine .9
Free chlorine 0
PH 7.0
Total alkalinity: 80
Calcium Hardness 75
Stabilizer 0
Water appearance: suspended particles
Algae: green
Algae shock .9

Hello and welcome to TFP! We would be happy to assist. But you'll hear this first comment over & over ..... never reply on pool store testing. You think they mean well and should be experts, it never works that way. Please take the first step in owning your pool by ordering the correct test kit from the TF-100 link below in my signature. Everything we advocate begins with the proper testing. Absolutely critical. Also see the other links below to read before your kit arrives and you'll be armed to fix that water for good! We look forward to helping you. Welcome to the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.