PB Comparison Time - Help me decide

First thanks for posting pricing. A lot of build threads are totally silent about that. It really helps in evaluating bids to see what others are charging especially in a similar geographic area. I would go with builder 4 based on what u posted.

I debated about that and decided to do it for the same reason that you commented about it. I just did not want to reveal the pool builders.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see it listed, I may have missed it: how much square footage of decking is included in that price?
I come up with 448 but I am not counting the existing patio.

Total decking is 740 sq feet with the existing patio and a walkway. We are likely going to use a different decking company since the PB does not do travertine. For pavers, the pricing is $5-6 a square foot. I only have rough numbers on travertine but it is likely going to be $6-7 a sq ft for material and install. In both cases, sealing will be additional.

I will only say this about your pool/ Shelves adn benches are great. But your pool is not very big to begin with. Just make sure that you sont get focused on "gadgets" adn forget what you truly need, which in many cases is space.

WIth that beign said, your new hadn drawn sketch looks great.

Yev, thank you for the advice. I have removed one of the benches on the deeper end. We have to have one per code.

One of our considerations with the benches is that we have 7 kids from 2 to 15. The little kids hang out on the benches/steps and the parents tend to sit there. By the time that process is over, it is possible that we will have grand children and there will always be pool parties with smaller children... In our previous design, we had a sun shelf and no where for in water sitting except for the deeper end swim out. With this design, parents and adults have more places to sit and be with their kids in the water.

It is funny actually (not really), after meeting with many builders, there were not many ideas given that would be good for our situation other than flipping it and moving the AC units to add more deck. My wife and I were ok with the previous design (seen below) but I have to say, we never loved it. For weeks I have had this idea in my head of something better but since we were tight on budget and it was pulling teeth with the builders to make any changes, I did not want to change things up and add more $ or time. After meeting with the last PB and he said as long as it is under 400 sq ft it does not matter the design. That was the freedom I needed. After he left, I pulled out the graph paper and went to work. One quick design, then another and bam, we both loved it. We also flipped the design to maximize the deck area usability. We partially gave up 1 foot of deck space and one foot of interior pool space but I think it is worth it.

Old
Design.jpg

New
View attachment 41720

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.