New pool in south Florida !

That IS a lot of work done! WOW!

Now go check it with a tape measure! Add 3 inchs for the gunite and plaster. Is it long, wide, deep, shallow, etc enough? NOW is the time to make changes or fix it if it is not correct.

Kim

Hubby already did all that. He was double checking everything they did. His day off and he was playing Forman lol. He's in constrution. We were impressed this how fast they got things done. This is one of the reason I picked this PB he has employees doesn't subcontract everything out. If things keep up at the pace and the (rain stays away) we will be swiming soon. They will be back tomorrow morning finishing the steel. By Thursday we should be getting inspection.

I bet he was having fun! LOL

We had one build where the sun shelf was made more like a step! WAY too small! Another one where the beach entry was made like a sunshelf. Both were "caught" because the PO measured and looked over everything!

Your next job will be there for the gunite shoot. They might have some questions and things they will want to ask or suggest. If you are not there..........they do it their way.

Kim

Hi Dreynolds, I'm new to this forum and came here to post a question when I saw your profile. I looks like we're living parallel lives, lol I had all the same problems with my PB with upgrade pricing. I've had my share of nightmares with this project but I'm almost DONE and won't have to ever see his face anymore. His latest was he wants to give ma a bill for the bobcat to come and remove the extra dirt and roots that were removed from the dig. I just can't stand him!!!

I'm at the final step and my pool is similar to your but more narrow, I wanted to swim laps too :) , mine is 10x35 with a 7x8 spa and 9x10 sunshelf. I also have 1300sq ft of ivory travertine and a dark pool finish. I went with a black glass tile for WL and spa. I'm almost there!!! I thought plaster was going in today but we are getting delayed once again, it's been raining too so..., I'm in Boca not far from you :)

Today's issue was he told me if I custom mix my color ( he doesn't want to do it) I'll lose the BD warranty. Well, I called sgm myself and I'm trying to find out because I now don't believe anything he says anymore. I'll try to post a picture soon when I figure out how it works.

I hope you're having a better day

Oh yeah and I wanted to add he was trying to charge me a huge premium for a darker color and said it was "more labor" so there's a premium for both the color plus the labor.

- - - Updated - - -

Kimkats, great advice!

I really only had the one problem with my PB. He as been pretty good about everything esle. We went with quartzscapes for the lifetime warranty. We was even out here plumbing the spa himself.They are a little behind. The steel placer got the spa formed wrong so they are fixing that. And yes Kim it is pretty steep. But my hubby likes it that way. And I'm not sure how much space is there. It did notice that they put some pavers in to move the steel up some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The steep part is how my best friend growing up had her pool and I loved it! VERY easy to swim in!

The space between the steel and white walls--------see how there are "spacers" under the steel in the bottom? That is to make sure the steel in the middle of the gunite. That is what I am looking for with the walls. If there is no space between the steel and walls the steel will be almost useless for it's job of adding strength to the wall of the pool. I just wanted to point it out just in case.................better to say something and there be NO problem than stand quiet.

Kim

So we have some of our workers here today. They are taking out a 10x12 deck that my hubby poured himself 15 plus years ago. It's going a little slow. I think he thought he was building a high rise lol. Double wire mesh top and bottom. A little over kill for such a small deck. We are going to be having the ivory travertine installed there. Spa is fixed PB said Gunite on Monday hopefully. They are all backed up due to the rain. Here is hoping it's doesn't rain Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.