In The Industry
May 31, 2015
Milford, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I'm trying to help my dad's girlfriend with their pool. She dumped in what she thought was #2 shock. It was a brown/rust colored powder. It won't dissolve and just sits at the bottom of their pool. When you swoosh it around it just clouds up but never goes anywhere. What do you think this is? She was thinking an algae??View attachment 41423View attachment 41424

She does not have the package. She did mention that it was 2 years old so they thought maybe it was bad? It will not vacuum, it just clouds up but won't go in the vacuum.

If you go slow enough and sneak up on it it will vacuum out. You might have to bypass the filter and find a way to make the water go to the yard. It can be done. You will just have to experiment and see what works.

Kim

Thank You! I will tell her to try vacuum again. Last time they tried it just doesn't go anywhere that is why she thought maybe it was an algae. She cleans the filter regularly and has actually just replaced cartridge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.