Pool cloudiness and a bit of algae, I think

I drop MA as per the calculator. I did several checks for FC level to make sure it stays at Slamming range. My last 2 checks, not much FC lost, seems to be leveling off. As for raising the PH, I don't want to add any MA now that I am slamming so I am aerating it. I have a slide so had the water running for some time. I just checked the FC and seems to be right at 25. I am turning on several of the jets from my walk out on and pointing them up for aeration so my Ph can come up. Lets see how things look tomorrow morning. Any thoughts on my plan? Any feedback is appreciated.

Your pH should not have been so very low. Finish the SLAM for now but you have to correct that if it's accurate.

Your "plan" should be very simple.....follow the SLAM article in Pool School to a T......no variations. Your pool will clear nicely

The PH test is not valid when FC is above 10 ppm. No adjustments should be made to PH based on tests taken with FC above 10ppm.

Copied from the SLAM process,

Prerequisites:
Check and adjust the PH to between 7.2 and 7.5. The PH test isn't reliable during SLAMing so make sure to take care of this before you start.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

I drop MA as per the calculator. I did several checks for FC level to make sure it stays at Slamming range. My last 2 checks, not much FC lost, seems to be leveling off. As for raising the PH, I don't want to add any MA now that I am slamming so I am aerating it. I have a slide so had the water running for some time. I just checked the FC and seems to be right at 25. I am turning on several of the jets from my walk out on and pointing them up for aeration so my Ph can come up. Lets see how things look tomorrow morning. Any thoughts on my plan? Any feedback is appreciated.
If I'm not mistaken, Muriatic acid and aeration have the opposite effect on pH. Regardless, as others have said, you are not getting an accurate pH reading while FC is over 10. Tackling the SLAM as suggested by Dave and work on pH once it can be accurately assessed.

Correct. Aeration raises PH and muriatic acid lowers PH.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Hello, so far the pool has been clearing up and is looking nicely blue. I can now see the deep end even more clear. I am still vacuuming and brushing the pool as suggested. I am seeing an improvement over all. A few dead algae spots here and there but will tackle them once I get the PH readings later today. I will be testing my PH once my FC goes down to at least 10. It is at 17 as of 10 mins.

Hello, so far the pool has been clearing up and is looking nicely blue. I can now see the deep end even more clear. I am still vacuuming and brushing the pool as suggested. I am seeing an improvement over all. A few dead algae spots here and there but will tackle them once I get the PH readings later today. I will be testing my PH once my FC goes down to at least 10. It is at 17 as of 10 mins.
You mean at most 9?;) At this point, don't worry about pH until your SLAM is over.

Pines,

Please follow the SLAM article. It does not call for a pH test in the middle of your SLAM and you are not finished with your SLAM until...

1. Your pool water is sparkling and there is no visible algae (dead or alive)
2. Your CC's are .5ppm or less
3. You can hold your FC overnight without losing more than 1ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.