Looking for advice on automation of pool pump, heater and polaris booster pump

TCpoolnoob

Apr 27, 2015
Richland WA
My old dial pool pump timer is no longer working and I'm looking for an upgrade.

My pool has a single speed pump on it's own dial timer, a polaris booster pump on it's own dial timer and a Hayward heat pump. Of course the heat pump monitors it's own temp and shuts off automatically once temp is reached but the pumps currently will just keep running.

I'm looking for something that will control both pumps and hopefully turn them off once temp is reached for the day.

I know nothing about pool automation but thought something like the Hayward OnCommand may be what I'm looking for?

Looking for advice on the right type of device and brand to purchase to automate the pool.

On Command will do what you want. It also appears to be reasonably simple to install. You have a fairly basic system so you don't need that extensive of an automation system. I recommend you spend a couple of hours surfing around and see what all the systems will do.

Additionally you may want to consider switching to a two speed pump to cut your energy costs.

Thanks, I've looked on youtube hoping to find a video showing an on command review or install video so that I could learn more about its functions.

Does anyone here have an on command? How's it working for you?

Variable speed pump is on the to do list but I need to figure out this automation upgrade first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.