Making a site for an easy set

My husband bought me a 12'x20' index easy set pool so I can exercise without getting overheated (stupid autoimmune disease). We have no idea what we are doing and thought we could just set it up in the backyard. After reading the manual I thought the biggest problem was keeping the Bermuda grass from growing through the liner.

But after reading on here for a while, I think we need to level the ground somehow. The yard is pretty level overall but there are hills and valleys. Neither of us are able to work out in the heat. Just getting the pool set up was going to be our limit.

Are we going to have to create a totally flat and level pad for this pool? If so, can anyone estimate the cost of hiring someone to do it? We are in Oklahoma City. Thanks!

Total noob with 12'x20' intex easy set still in the box.

Hi Tiger dawn, I too have an autoimmune disease and it was really long and hard doing the work to install hard wall pool. It was easier giving birth I swear. I know the ground must must must be level, no more than 1" out of level. I thought about renting a transom/laser level from Home depot but it was $70 and I knew with my slow work it could take days. I agree hiring is a great idea if you have the money. But the installers have to be good at leveling. I hauled all my gravel and dug the clay little by little. I used a bunyip ( water level) I made for $15 or less. I was with in 1/4 to 1/2" of level, pretty good. I never did rent the laser level. I used pink polystyrene over and old carpet( it's a desert here so dry) that is on top of clay soil. I did 98% of the work. I thought hauling sand to put under pool in a wheelbarrow would be too much for me. Seems I was very wrong cause maneuvering a liner to get wrinkles out was a lot harder-liver suctioned it self to. BUT that polysturene foam ( took 1 roll of gorrila tape to tape seams for 18 ft diameter pool) feels great under the liner.

My newbie thoughts are if you used plywood there could be splinters, good chance it will warp and make poke up in odd places. Maybe polysytene foam would work better on an easy up?

The doctor mentioned chlorine was not good for autoimune thyroid problem and consider a UV light to help sanitize. I haven't figured that out yet.

I just ruined a pump by using an extension cord. There are so many things to think about and care for on a continuing basis. The used pool was $150 but it's gonna cost $2000 to get it up an running. That $2000 would pay for a great pool membership.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.