Yay, Foreclosure Pool!!!

Ha! Kim! We have said the EXACT same things. Especially the drunk part. Some of the things, he did great. Others... I, having no experience with much handyman work, would've done better. Our master closet door was installed upside down... So the handle is at my chest.

And, now I'm finding with the pool area.... Everything is starting to fall apart after just a year. The closet that houses the equipment has just plain drywall as walls... So, after just a months of doing pool work, it's peeling and looks awful.

Annnnyway! Here's more pics. I woke up to the backwash hose and Hayward sitting in water:
70e1d1cb2a78ec7eede8ed940490979d.jpg

17cd963f9a50be3b73d0332e10fbdac0.jpg

c67cbabf82250d7c2120787c0cac57ad.jpg

What do you think this means?

While I was on hiatus, we met with a realtor. I love this house, but it's too much now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the video, looks like you have a votex in skimmer causing pump to suck air, After a bit the basket fills back up and pump catches up again, a cycle back and forth. Is the water level in your pool low? that would contribute to that condition.

I was in Austin! We're in Ft. Worth now.

I thought it was staining but I'll double check. Any tips on how to scrub algae on my light? The light is out of its casing and shows algae.

Thanks! I'll fill up the pull to half skimmer. We knew that but then also noted the air bubbles went away when the water was a quarter up the skimmer.... Typing it out, I feel stupid haha

Check the weir door on the skimmer. It might be getting stuck and allowing air into the skimmer lines via the vortex.

I have a big sad for you. It has so much potential but.......needs SO much work!!! It took us 3 months of cleaning, painting and fixing to before we felt we could move in.

I am thinking the hose has a leak or where it connects is leaking. It should NOT be full of water like that. Oh wait may be the valve up top it messing up???

So what I see you saying is you are going to try to sell the house?

Kim

Hey Kim! I think you may be onto something.

Does anyone know how to fix the valve to a Hayward?

This is the return bubbles:
https://vimeo.com/142425991

This is the valve that's probably leaking:
c817cef654201e9ffead93fb960fb0f1.jpg

I'm thinking Kim's right because when the pump is off, the water near the pump dries up. When the pump is running, an hour later the backwash hose is sitting in a water puddle:
bdb694f76ca88f468c622c176ecbd5dc.jpg

121913f326b6d6bd3e075a6d19ca77ed.jpg

ff0626597e09b14bf6b6b22f3802a361.jpg

If you have any info on how to fix the valve or who to contact to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it. Ah! We're getting closer to figuring this pool out!

Thank you!

Those valves are pretty basic inside. They have a spider gasket that is cheap and, relatively, easy to replace. Just find the part number on your valve and Amazon it to find the gasket. Use YouTube to find a how to video on replacement.

The end of your backwash hose goes up and over a small curb. If the hose is full of water, which it will be when you stop the backwash, it can create a vacuum at the valve. If the gasket is old, that vacuum can be strong enough to cause a small leak. I would just disconnect the hose to see if it's leaking at the backwash port when running.

What type of hose is that? The water trail makes it look like a soaker hose or something.

How many returns jets do you have? Do they all have bubbles?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this is old but I wanted to see how things were :) this was a great read and the learning achieved was amazing!! :)

I have PMed her a couple of times. She has shared that there was quite a bit more work inside the house that did not show up before they moved in and started working on the house. They were working on reselling the house to a fixer-upper and finding something that would not need quite as much work. She is sad but ready to move on.

Kim

I have PMed her a couple of times. She has shared that there was quite a bit more work inside the house that did not show up before they moved in and started working on the house. They were working on reselling the house to a fixer-upper and finding something that need quite as much work. She is sad but ready to move on.

Kim

Awww sorry to hear it [emoji17] I hope she finds something she likes... It is my dream to some day find a foreclosure with a ruined pool so I can be mad scientist [emoji23][emoji23] I am a weirdo tho lol

Obviously that would not be here in Cali [emoji849]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.